Thai Embassy - Kl

This is what I have wrote anyway:

spending the holidays in Kuala Lumpur, I went to the Thai embassy in the first day they opened after the holidays (4th January) to apply for a tourist visa and noticed the following:

1. People applying for any kind of visa have been reduced significantly from any of my previous visits.

2. There were a notice on the guard's window, where people register their names and collect the application forms, stating that repeatedly departing and re-entering Thailand is considered as a concealment of the real purpose of stay and such person WILL not be issued a tourist visa (not:"MAY not be issued").

I decided to proceed anyhow regardless whether they will accept my application or not? As 46 of my 48 pages passport were completely filled with regional countries' visas including seven (7) of Thai tourist visas, two extensions and few border runs.

The person in charge checked my passport page by page, smiled, wrote down my name on a receipt and told me to collect my passport next day, without a single question asked.

Bishop

• 1 month later...

I will be changing jobs next month, and it looks like I will need to make a visa run, as my new employer won't have the non-B paperwork ready until May. That means I need to get a tourist visa. I prefer to fly, and it looks like Kuala Lumpur would be the cheapest airport to fly into. I will need to get a tourist visa, and make a run for a non-B in May. Can I go to KL for both of these? Also, does a single entry tourist visa mean that you only get 1 entry. I'm not planning on leaving Thailand over the next few months, so I don't think I need a double entry.

Thanks to all the gurus for your help. Any other advice is appreciated.

Single entry tourist visa will give you 60 day permission to stay on entry (and can extend for a further 30 days at Thai immigration if necessary). Visa is free until 4th March 2010. If need to travel out later can obtain re-entry permit to keep current permission to stay alive. Re-entry permit fee is 1,000 baht for single entry. KL would be good choice for Non-B visa.

My Query sort of fits with the last post.

I am 63 and have a British passport, and have had a Thai wife for the last 7 years.

For the past 5 years I have been working and not had to worry too much about a visa as I have been getting 1 year extensions.

My Boss told me on Friday I would not be getting another contract, not a worry except my visa runs out next Sunday 28/2/10.

My thoughts are these

1 I drive to Vientiane and get a tourist visa (60days)

2 As I am going to KL with my wife in April while there I get myself a non o visa on the basis of my marriage ( I can’t quite hit the income requirements for a marriage visa).

If this idea sounds ok I would appreciate any feedback or any advice on a better way to achieve the same final result, ie a 12 month visa.

Only 100k in a bank account for a Non O multi entry? Not 800k??? And not a minimum time in the Thai bank account?

Be sure to take proof of 100k in bank account as KL wants to see that for the multi entry non immigrant O visa issue. But that is likely the best place to apply in are area.