Stainless Steal Bbq

callum06

If you are concerned about cost, disregard my post. Back in the US, I cooked on my Weber gas grill almost every day, even when it was 20 below. I loved the thing. A couple of years ago, I just got sick of having no BBQ here in LOS and went on an obsessive quest for a high quality gas grill. I found the BBQ Store mentioned above. I was disappointed in their offerings. They have some beautiful grills, all imported from Australia, I believe. But they are yesterday's technology. Most use lava rocks, those filthy grease catching fire starting imitation briquets. I looked at the Isaan grills (link given above). They looked nice, but I could see no way to add the rotisserie unit, which I love to use for grilling chickens, ducks and roasts. Next, I looked into importing a Weber. Then some friends told me a store in BKK had some Weber charcoal grills, so I shot down there from Phitsanulok to investigate. I learned that True Value Hardware (yes, the hardware chain from the US) has two stores in LOS and is a Weber dealer. They have stores in BKK and Pattaya. I could not find the BKK store, so I drove to Pattaya and bingo, they had a green Genesis EP 320, which was EXACTLY what I wanted (part stainless, part enameled aluminum). They had a 30% off sale going and with the discount it cost me 42,000 baht, about double the cost in the US (and about the same cost as importing one, without the headache). I figured I would have it a long time and use it a lot (you can use a Weber every day for 10 years before you will have to start replacing parts), so it was worth it for fork out the HIGH price. And you know what? IT WAS WORTH EVERY BAHT. IT IS A WONDERFUL GRILL AND A JOY TO USE. They have the top-of-the-line full stainless steel models as well. If you can afford it, you will NEVER regret going with the Weber.

An aside, although you will pay a premium of 100-150%, you can order anything in the US True Value catalogue from the Thai True Value store. I have since purchased a 200,000 BTU weedburner and a real wheel barrow with a pneumatic tire. Just go on the internet, look at True Value and get the sku for whatever you want, then e-mail the store for a price. Sometimes, thre is just something you want, and you CANNOT find it here. If you are willing to pay the premium, this provides an option. If you want anymore information about any of this or store locations (I have since found the BKK store with GPS coordinates and my GPS), PM me. Also, if you are a first time buyer ar True Value, there is a trick to getting the discount -- not anybody can have it.

Happy grilling!

JR

Back in the US, I was always a webber fan and went thru several....they usually last 3 yrs outside....which is where we mostly keep and use ours.

Over here, with webbers so expensive, I decided to have my own design fabricated, which turned out to be the ultimate webber and smokey jo hybred.

I first went to a junk dealer and found a stainless water pressure tank on legs and bought it @ 38thb/kilo.....I think it came to under 2kthb total for a 4.5 ft high X2ft diameter tank.

then i drew up my plan and took it into a stainless fabricator and had my 'ultimate bbq' built that serves as a barbq and a slow smoker. it's 6 yrs old and shows no signs of rust and I know that it will outlast me......maybe my son and one day grandson. i'll try to post fotos when I can.

Total cost as I remember was 2kthb + 1kthb for fabricator and will last many life times.

Never a weber!!

Back in the US, I was always a webber fan and went thru several....they usually last 3 yrs outside....which is where we mostly keep and use ours.

Over here, with webbers so expensive, I decided to have my own design fabricated, which turned out to be the ultimate webber and smokey jo hybred.

I first went to a junk dealer and found a stainless water pressure tank on legs and bought it @ 38thb/kilo.....I think it came to under 2kthb total for a 4.5 ft high X2ft diameter tank.

then i drew up my plan and took it into a stainless fabricator and had my 'ultimate bbq' built that serves as a barbq and a slow smoker. it's 6 yrs old and shows no signs of rust and I know that it will outlast me......maybe my son and one day grandson. i'll try to post fotos when I can.

Total cost as I remember was 2kthb + 1kthb for fabricator and will last many life times.

Never a weber!!

Any chance you could post your plan?

There is a bbq store on suk soi 39, that's all they do.

BBQ Thai website.

They also have a shop at Pattaya, was in there today and purchased their 4 Burner Downunder BBQ.

Their range of BBQ's are from Barbecues Galore in Australia, they also sell Bundy Rum !!!!!

Not cheap though, the one i bought was 22,900b, on the Barbecues Galore website its only $299.00 (8970b) :)