Still No Sign Of An Interview Date.

As all that follow my posts, went to the UK embassy with the GF 29th march. submitted the application and supporting docs and told to wait 5-10 days for an interview date.

Still nothing has arrived!!!!

Now i know the embassy was shut for the next 3 days 30/31/1. Do they open saturdays?

could i count these days.

If i am only counting working days since then it has been 8 days.

Is it normal for the embassy to take the full 10 days or even longer?

Ive told the GF to give them a call tomorrow to see whats the crack.

In principle, good idea. Well done for brainstorming.

But in reality she just won't go alone.

I live next door to the Embassy. I'm British. I've partied with the ex Ambassador - Sir James Hodge.

But I don't like going there. In fact I hate it. Its pretty forbidding - like a fortress.

You can't even go at a civilized time. You have to queue up like a supplicant at some ungodly hour.

The Gurkhas are nice who guard the door - but they can't tell you anything useful.

Those clerks who work there are often little snots who won't help - and, (though not in the case of Mrs Sauron), are proactively looking for ways to say 'No' to folk like Spuds.

Spuds girlfriend will have to undergo a solo interview if she's to get a Settlement Visa. That will need a ton of rehearsal.

Edited by The_Eye_Of_Sauron

Totally agree with the eye! Bangkok and Manila are examples of extremely strict immigration rules because they mainly deal with Brit. sponsors who in general don't complain except in forums such as this. Commonwealth and former Commonwealth immigrants have a plethera of activists fighting on their behalf. British example of always pick on the easy target.

Having in a former life been a Legal Advisor to the Government I know it is only those who make a fuss that are taken any notice of.

Patience is virtue...  :D

totster  :D

bullsh*t...I say pack yerself with explosives and do the necessary...

sorry to sound harsh but here in Bahrain I've been waiting for over a month to get visit visas for my two thai stepdaughters and the immigration ragheads aren't giving it up...pisses me off...so I understand... :o

As all that follow my posts, went to the UK embassy with the GF 29th march. submitted the application and supporting docs and told to wait 5-10 days for an interview date.

Now i know the embassy was shut for the next 3 days 30/31/1. Do they open saturdays?

BS according to your posts in Refused Again you went to the Embassy on 12th of April :D

Then it was closed 3 days for Songkran and re-opened on Monday 18th...........

When you were there they should have issued with a date probably sometime in July. If they said they would let you know then sure they will.........

But maybe they are checking up on GF first :D

They do things like that you know :D

With such contradicting info in your posts it is not suprising the word TR*LL was used in the latter stages of Refused Again :o

Hi BS

I made only one comment on your previous thread and I will only make one on this thread. Please try to be patient. Just over 5 years ago I went with my Fiancee as she wasthen to get a fiancee visa for her and after the initial (normal) unpleasantness from the embassy official my fiancee was told to wait about a month for an interview and at that stage it was approved. We went there with all the paper work etc and I had arranged the wedding etc but they took little notice of the dates and did their own thing.

I can understand your girlfriends apprehension in going to the embassy on her own as the British staff there are not generally known for their kindness and generosity.

Would it be possible for your your girlfriend to go with another perhaps older Thai friend who can speak good English and who has already gone through the experience. That would help her a lot as she would not be on her own and very nervous. I know my wife was but she went with an older friend who spoke good english and was married to an American.

I have asked Buddha to help you both at this time, something that sometimes works when my wife asks for me.

Trust your heart and try not to listen to the doomsayers too much. If it will happen then it will.

Billd766

How have i contradicted myself??

I admit i put 1-5 days down to start with when i got back from LOS but i was shagged. But nothing else has been contradicted.

Read my previous post BS it says what the contradiction is.

In case you still don't see you have changed the date you went to the Embassy :o

Hope you get your interview date soon and she turns up on the correct day. :D

Apology accepted :D

Patience is virtue...  :D

totster  :D

bullsh*t...I say pack yerself with explosives and do the necessary...

sorry to sound harsh but here in Bahrain I've been waiting for over a month to get visit visas for my two thai stepdaughters and the immigration ragheads aren't giving it up...pisses me off...so I understand... :o

If you have been following BS's story from last year as I have you will know that his applications have be plagued with problems, a lot of them seem to be his or his GF's own doing (sorry Spuds that's just the way I see it :D ).

Now in this instance he is complaining that he hasn't heard anything, even before the 10 days they told him it would take have expired. I'm sure they are very busy.

Tutsi, I'm sure this is not the same situation as yours and I do sympathise, I hope you manage to resolve your situation quickly. :D

Spuds - Good luck to you and GF , I do hope you manage to get her visa this time. :D

totster

Edited by Totster

BS according to your posts in Refused Again you went to the Embassy on 12th of April :D

Then it was closed 3 days for Songkran and re-opened on Monday 18th...........

When you were there they should have issued with a date probably sometime in July. If they said they would let you know then sure they will.........

But maybe they are checking up on GF first :D

They do things like that you know :D

With such contradicting info in your posts it is not suprising the word TR*LL was used in the latter stages of Refused Again :o

You always need a good memory to tell ' porkies ' :D

Is this the 3rd series of this soap opera?

No I did a search on BIG SPUDS and the word REFUSED (Visa and Migration threads only) and it seems that this soap is in at least series 10 and has been running for over a year!!! :D

Is this a record???? :o

A lot of sound advice seems to have been wasted on Mr and Mrs BS as he is still asking the same questions he was 1 year ago. :D

Maybe the forum needs a B*ll Sh*t filter!!! :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...ighlite=refused

Edited by dereklev

Is this the 3rd series of this soap opera?

No I did a search on BIG SPUDS and the word REFUSED (Visa and Migration threads only) and it seems that this soap is in at least series 10 and has been running for over a year!!! :D

Is this a record???? :o

A lot of sound advice seems to have been wasted on Mr and Mrs BS as he is still asking the same questions he was 1 year ago. :D

Maybe the forum needs a B*ll Sh*t filter!!! :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...ighlite=refused

Found this post from stroll in the General Section!!!

stroll 2004-11-10 10:04:24 Post #44

bubblebuster

Group: Banned

Member No.: 9,874

QUOTE(dr_Pat_Pong @ 2004-11-10 08:43:43)

Ole Spuds hasn't known her very long at all. There's a sh*tload on trust IMHO

Isn't it the same woman he has started numerous threads on ever since he joined here? In spite of the wealth of detailed advice and information given by posters more patient than myself, he doesn't seem to get to a place within himself or in the outside world for sorting the story out. Getting an hour's counselling per day on the phone from his girl for 100 quid a month is good value, and no reason to be suspicious about her motives.

Sorry, I am very direct at times, this is not meant as an insult but a serious pointer, bigspuds!

And still the saga goes on and on and on :D

shoot me for wanting to get everything right!! :D

I dont care what people think about me and the GF. When i post things i am asking for advice as this process is new to me and i expect grown up answers and replies. If you only want to try and show me up by saying this is how long i have been trying to get the visa, this is what i have asked before, and to call me a troll and a bullsh*tter. Go ahead i dont give a <deleted>!!!

Im doing this cause i need help from people who have been there and done this before, i dont need sarcasm and the sh@t ripped out of me. Its hard enough as it is. So in future if you cant help or offer words of encouragement dont bother posting.

Yes i have been writing for ages, and we are still together (engaged) so this shows this is not just a farang getting ripped of by a bar girl who works in a bar behind my back.

Why do people feel the need to slag others off when they are having a bad time???

Their own lives must be so perfect. I just hope for their sake they are never in a similar position (where they need help) and are treated the same.

For the last time :- i am not a troll, my GF is serious about the relationship, and i am not a bullsh"tter!

:o:D

Edited by BIG SPUDS

Hi BS,

I have not posted a reply before, but I have waded through most of the 20 odd pages that have been posted. What I've got to say is "Get your act together!!"

You just spent good money coming to Thailand and where are you at the end of it- NO-WHERE. You've spent a lot of money and a lot of time with this lady- you sound like you're sure about her and she about you, so what you waiting for? If she comes to UK for a visit, she's got to come back and re-apply for settlement if you want to stay together, ie. marry. Why don't you apply for settlement visa and get a date for interview. Do this yourself. Book a trip to Thailand that co-insides with the interview and get married. Take her back with you to the UK. If you think she may not like the UK, don't worry, most of them do. Get her a job and she'll like it even more. I'm speaking from experience here, and although we now live in LOS, my Thai wife wanted to stay in UK so she could carry on working. ( I wanted to come alone and her send me money, but she wouldn't have it, LOL ) My gf was turned down by UK embassy when she first applied for tourist visa ( usual excuse- no reason to return ) but after we got married she had no problem. She loved the UK, but when I was able to pack up work and get pension, I jumped at it, otherwise we would still be there and still attending the Thai Temple in Aston, behind the Saddam Hussain mosque. Been married over 5 years now.

If marriage is not on your mind, why the ###### do you want to take her to the UK, just to show off to your mates? You're better off saving for a holiday in Thailand every now and then and try something different each time. Anyway, take this as you will, it's meant sincerely. But IMO if you soon don't take the initiative you'll be in the same position this time next year. :o:D

shoot me for wanting to get everything right!! :D

But you don't get things right!! You are still doing what you were 1 year ago, despite some superb advice particularly from The Scouse

I dont care what people think about me and the GF. When i post things i am asking for advice as this process is new to me and i expect grown up answers and replies. If you only want to try and show me up by saying this is how long i have been trying to get the visa, this is what i have asked before, and to call me a troll and a bullsh*tter. Go ahead i dont give a <deleted>!!!

TR*LL>>>>>>B*LL SH*TTER

Im doing this cause i need help from people who have been there and done this before, i dont need sarcasm and the sh@t ripped out of me. Its hard enough as it is. So in future if you cant help or offer words of encouragement dont bother posting.

Censorship is the responsibility of the Moderators not you BS

Yes i have been writing for ages, and we are still together (engaged) so this shows this is not just a farang getting ripped of by a bar girl who works in a bar behind my back.

But she is/was a BG and you send her money every month

Why do people feel the need to slag others off when they are having a bad time???

Their own lives must be so perfect. I just hope for their sake they are never in a similar position (where they need help) and are treated the same.

My life is by no means perfect but it is good. I am happily married, to a beautiful Isaan lady not a BG but she had farangs before me, and have a lovely 4 month old son. We have a beautiful house, nice car and and have a good lifestyle.

For the last time :- i am not a troll, my GF is serious about the relationship, and i am not a bullsh"tter!

If this is true good luck to you!!

:o  :D

Why are you so angry??? The resolution to your problem lies in your own hands BS and of course your girlfriend's!

Have you prepared her for the interview? There are some good threads here based on real interviews. Print one, have it translated and courier it to your GF so she knows what to expect!! Otherwise she may well be overwhelmed by the attitude of the ECO. My wife was even though we had a watertight case and got the visa same day! :D  :D  :D