Truevisions Channel Relocation Guide

timekeeper

Like many i was having problems with the so-called new set-up with many channels having gone AWOL so i got the misses to telephone head office in Bangkok and they referred her to this month's magazine which explains the procedure to re-set your channels.

Now it's fine.

<deleted>, once again I had to spent quite some time resetting the channel order to suit my preferences.
!

I think the same. :D

I woud put the guy, responsible for the relocation of channels, out years ago! Why he/True can not look one day ahead :) .

.... every time, every channel relocated, .......... ????

These channel relocations, which they do every few months, play hel_l with those of us who have receivers other than the True brand. I have a 'Dynasat F1', which I can use for both the True dish, and my large satellite dish. The problem is that the signal that comes via that receiver is NOT directly fed by True. Therefore, it has to be reset to a new frequency every time True makes these changes; and I have to wait for my agent/installer to get the new frequencies, and come to my house to adjust my settings.

It is a royal PITA!

i find it funny that they have so many "Future Channel" channels. they've lumped them together quite nicely. remember they added 2 new channels a few months ago (and removed a couple channels in the meantime)? why do they need 52 "future channels"? this re-map is just as bad a clusterfuc_k as the last. well done True, you've shown that 12-year-old mentality quite well!

" wondered what had happened this morning"

Last night a message was scrolled across the screen advising that at 0100 your were to tune your box to channel 1 and that the line up was going to change.

It was in Thai though.

AND ... nearly ALL of the significant content, other than daily schedules, in their magazine is all in Thai. I don't understand this. I'm sure that there are a significant number of English speaking customers in the TrueV subscription base. All of the instructions for the channel change were in Thai! It's one thing to have articles, and upcoming programming details in Thai; but it is a serious diservice to their many English speaking subscribers to put important information, such as this "channel relocation" stuff, in Thai only.

Last night a message was scrolled across the screen advising that at 0100 your were to tune your box to channel 1 and that the line up was going to change.

It was in Thai though.

AND ... nearly ALL of the significant content, other than daily schedules, in their magazine is all in Thai. I don't understand this. I'm sure that there are a significant number of English speaking customers in the TrueV subscription base. All of the instructions for the channel change were in Thai! It's one thing to have articles, and upcoming programming details in Thai; but it is a serious diservice to their many English speaking subscribers to put important information, such as this "channel relocation" stuff, in Thai only.

I agree 100%

It was in Thai though.

I agree 100%

The information on the screen was also in English.

Many thanks to the OP and other contributors as I tried to get the radio BBC early morning and found no signal and then only when I read here and looked at the magazine did I learn of the channel changes.

Touch wood it appears I am getting all the new channels on the new numbers. So my question:

Can I assume I need not do anything re channel changes as per the blurp in Thai in the magazine?

Thanks again.

<deleted>, once again I had to spent quite some time resetting the channel order to suit my preferences.

Hear f*ckn hear!

This BS seems to be happening every few months! This time it's even worse than normal with the inane sequencing seemingly designed by some lobotomised donkey!

Typically, no English instructions provided in their magazine and no English forewarning either for farangs (who the hel_l ever reads that thing anyway!) Is it that hard to email a detailed mailshot in multiple languages to subscribers some time in advance?

Anyway, here are some dumb instructions as to go about attaining the new generic sequencing as listed on the new schedule.

For some insane reason, you still have to manually 'skip' all those countless so-called "Future channels" ! (this is aside from the shitload of unwatchable channels on there that need to be skipped!!) ... WTFF! :)

Relocation_Channel_en0110.pdf

Edited by dublindog

After reading that relocation file posted by Dublindog, i was'nt aware that there were so many different types of reciever units(SetTopbox's)

What are the differences between them?

Do they differ on what type of signal they transmit, analogue or digital?

I have a DStv one, what does that mean?

Anybody have a clue?

The channel-list is already wrong! :) They changed this morning again!!!! 92 .....

They can not think 1 day ahead, .........

Hear f*ckn hear!

This BS seems to be happening every few months! This time it's even worse than normal with the inane sequencing seemingly designed by some lobotomised donkey!

I agree.

So what alternative to true is there? Can someone post up some options with rough costs for satellite systems? And is there any chance of getting UK TV and all the motor-sport worldwide on one of these systems?

------

True sent a letter warning of the changes, why couldn't they have included the guide too !!!

The only thing that arrives in my PO Box regularly is the monthly bill, magazine is hit and miss and I did not get a letter. I say it again ---- <deleted>! If there was an alternative here in the rice paddies I'd be there in an instant.

I'm very slow when it comes to tech stuff... how do you eleminate the channels you don't want?

The menu ask for password???

I have found from a previous thread that different boxes require different passwords. Mine is 2321. If it doesn't work for you, call True and tell them what kind of box you have and they will give it to you.

I'm very slow when it comes to tech stuff... how do you eleminate the channels you don't want?

The menu ask for password???

On the generic box (dunno the technical name for it);

Click MENU button

> select Set Up option (4)

> select Channels (1)

> press OK on each channel you want to to skip

> when finished, click MENU button to get SAVE option

> click OK to save

No password equired for this!