Words From England

Shy Butterfly Fly

Please, would one of you fine people from England, give me some guidance in words you use. The following are a small bunch of words I would like to know the definitions to.

1. Shagging- I do believe I know what this means, but please let me know the proper definition.

2. Bird- I think I know.

3. Quid??

4. <deleted>??

5. Punter??

6. Bloody??

7. Arse??

8. <deleted>??

9. Krikey??

Well, I got to and have something to eat. I think I will FLY my way to the Fish & Chips place on Soi 23. I could have some more words to ask about very soon.

CHEERS! ! ! ! !

Pretty much OT for TV but ...

Please, would one of you fine people from England, give me some guidance in words you use. The following are a small bunch of words I would like to know the definitions to.

1. Shagging- I do believe I know what this means, but please let me know the proper definition.

2. Bird- I think I know.

3. Quid??

4. <deleted>??

5. Punter??

6. Bloody??

7. Arse??

8. <deleted>??

9. Krikey??

Well, I got to and have something to eat. I think I will FLY my way to the Fish & Chips place on Soi 23. I could have some more words to ask about very soon.

CHEERS! ! ! ! !

3. Quid??

A British pound.

4. <deleted>??

Jerk or other similar expletive.

5. Punter??

Slang term for customer of any one of a number of vices (e.g., gambler, prostitution, confidence scheme, etc.)

6. Bloody??

General term for exclamation (e.g., bloody h*ll, etc.)

7. Arse??

remove the r & e and insert another s, just the same

8. <deleted>??

Parts of the male anatomy, but commonly used in slang for lying or exclamation (e.g, One guy: The world is flat. Another guy: Oh <deleted>!)

9. Krikey??

Similar to 6 & 8, but isn't that word usage more of an Aussie thing?