Don's Mall

RawaiRumpRaider

Don't know but he has interests beyond Phuket.

I have been a critic recently of the mall and who can say what a persons motive is.

It is a big site, worth a lot of money and competition for farang stuff is fierce in Phuket now. When it was a one horse town life was easier.

Whatever I wish him well.

It would be nice if Don posted something as he is a sponsor here though.

Just to clarify...does this mean the cafe/restaurant is closing and not moving on somewhere?

I love the Ribs there!

correct, you'll have to go to Don's Chiang Rai for ribs.

Try the WAP special pizza (well done so crispy) not only politically incorrect but for sure better than the other thread's Ellis Pizza.

Won't disagree with you there. I was lucky enough to just catch the tail end of the old location. Had good times at the new one on occasion too tho.

i have known don since he came here, i have seen him grow and do what he had to,i admire him for his

guts and his determination. he is going back to his roots to see his grand kids and re live his childhood memories.

don good luck do what i told you to do a long time ago, enjoy your retirement before its to late

.you have done a lot for rawai and phuket, more than most,take care my freind. jd

The old place was very nice, but IMO it has gone downhill ever since the new mall opened.

My guess would be that over the years there were slowly less guests coming. Also the service has not improved over the years.

A pity, the end of an icon, but I think this had to happen.

I'll be there once more before mid march on a Saturday BBQ, but I won't really miss the place, it has run its time IMO.

What a shame,

the first to bring farang food probably, tried his best but beaten by the big conglomerates.

All the best

Not even close to the 1st!! I had a american style deli opposite Rock Hard when it was all bars before the expat hotel at the end. Got all my meats from Bangkok ( Via Big Bill ) and Sin & Lee in Phuket and that was back in 1987. I don't think Don got here till the mid 90's and by then there were plenty of western run places around

Ate a few times at Dons and have known him for years. His Thanksgiving dinners were great!!

YOu can get great ribs at various places around the island