Philippine Tourist Visa From Chiang Mai

Artamus

To my knowledge there is no Philippine Embassy/Consulate in Chiang Mai. Has anyone gotten a Phippines tourist visa from Chiang Mai? If so what was the method? I am loath to have to travel to BKK or worse still post my passport to BKK. Suggestions?

As of my last trip to the Philippines from Thailand (two years ago) no visa was required. 30 days was given free of charge at the airport in Manila. I don't know your nationality so your case may differ, but I sort of doubt it.

Once you get the 30 day visa, I've heard it's really easy to extend, but I've never done it.

As of my last trip to the Philippines from Thailand (two years ago) no visa was required. 30 days was given free of charge at the airport in Manila. I don't know your nationality so your case may differ, but I sort of doubt it.

Once you get the 30 day visa, I've heard it's really easy to extend, but I've never done it.

Thanks for that. I have a UK passport. However, I just spoke to the Philippines Embassy and they said 21 days (as does their website) so I have no idea about the 30 days. They also said I have to go in person - which is a load of hassle. Anyone any ideas of whether a visa agent can do it. Anyone know of a good visa agent in Chiang Mai?

My mistake. I got a 21 day visa, not a 30 day. I did not have to apply in advance, nor did my British colleague. Things may have changed in the past two years.

Yes, but the problem we will be travelling in remote areas of remote islands, so not have access to immigration. Looks like I have to find a visa agent in Chiang Mai or get on the bus to BKK - what a pain.