Belgian Embassy Long Wait ?

Any recent experience of the size of the crowd for visa application ?

An average of 4 people.The Belgium staff are very friendly but the Thais who work there ?????.Good luck

Thanks

Do you mean that it is not easy to get passed the Thai staff and get the file accepted for examination ?

Would it help if I went along ( I am belgian, the visa applicant Thai) ?

An average of 4 people.The Belgium staff are very friendly but the Thais who work there ?????.Good luck

Thanks

Do you mean that it is not easy to get passed the Thai staff and get the file accepted for examination ?

Krub,

Call the embassy first and say your a belgian national and that you would like an appointment. They mostly schedule one for you in the afternoon when their closed for thais wanting to go to belgium.

Belgian subjects seeking help with marriage papers mostly are processed differently. if it's just for a tourist visa you'll have to go in the morning. Then it might even be better that your friend first goes alone with all the required documents. otherwise they might be difficult as they would suspect that she wouldn't return to thailand.

Thanks

Krub,

Call the embassy first and say your a belgian national and that you would like an appointment. They mostly schedule one for you in the afternoon when their closed for thais wanting to go to belgium.

Belgian subjects seeking help with marriage papers mostly are processed differently. if it's just for a tourist visa you'll have to go in the morning. Then it might even be better that your friend first goes alone with all the required documents. otherwise they might be difficult as they would suspect that she wouldn't return to thailand.

Darknight,

Thank you for your thoughts. It is for a short stay (3 weeks during next summer) It is better the applicant goes without me as it might look suspicious as you pointed out.

I am worried the Thai staff at the counter will not even accept the file even though if looked carefullly all papers are in order. (This happenned already at the Japanese Embassy where I had my guarantee letter instead of the applicant bank statement which is allowed but not very common and they did not accept the file insisting they needed a statement although the staff (japanese) when I phoned said a guarantee letter was OK. It took 3 days of going up and down the embassy before it was finaly accepted with the guarantee letter)

The applicat has to make a trip specially to Bangkok spendind time of work loosing precious income if must stay away fro a week just to apply !

Anyway thanks for your help. Will try as planned with the applicant alone hoping all goes as it should.

• 2 years later...

thai staff at belgium embassy in bkk are not so helpful.i applied for co-habitation visa in march 8 th. the staff told me that it can take up to two months for the result.After 2 months i call the embassy.it was a man thai staff who icked up.he said my all my documents were sent to belgium.he told me to call again next week.when i called he said the same that waiting for the result from belgium.

My bf thought thta was strange cuz it took to long so he called foreign affairs in belgium.ther stuff there said that my documents were not there yet. we were disappointed cuz he said he sent documents already. but we stil have luck cuz a friend of my bf s mom works at foreign affairs in belgium.we asked her to help and check out what s going on.

she called belgian staff in bkk and asked for my documents.The staff in bkk faxed my documents right away instead of sending by post.and 4 days after that i got visa.the thai staff in bkk call me and said wat a surprise that u get visa so soon

i said i dont know but i would like to tell u guys that if it takes to long to get visa u should call the staff in belgium cuz thai staff dont do their job like they should.

good luck