2010 Models

Lovedog100

I was going to buy a new Nouvo elegance a several months ago. The shop owner said that the 2010 model would come fuel injected. That sounded great to me, so I decided to keep renting the one I had and wait for the new model. Probably a big mistake, because of what I've paid for a rental, I probably wouldn't have lost selling a used bike. So here is my question, when does the 2010 model come out? Does anyone really know if it's really going to be fuel injected?

Now I'm hearing about a honda PCX which is supposed to put perform the Nouvo elegance. That sounds nice, but give me something else to test drive. I had previously been sold on the honda CBR 150 until I spent a few days on one. I decided that I just couldn't stand the seating position, I don't like leaning on my shoulders,or having my feet back. I've also found that I've become lazy, and not shifting gears or using a clutch is nice.

I love my elegance but would really like one fuel injected. If that's not going to happen, or anytime soon, I'm going to ride the PCX and get out from under these rental fees. Ideas? Thoughts? Information?

I recently bought a Nouvo Elegance (very happy with it) and asked prior to buying it whether a FI model would be released soon and was told by every dealer, and the head office in BKK via a telephone, that they wouldn't and no plan to either. But when I bought my previous Airblade in Sep 2008 I asked if there would be a FI model soon and the guy at the dealer said '1-2 yrs' but then just 1 month later they released the FI model. So take what they say with a pinch of salt!

Think you will be waiting until next years grass grows. I just bought a PCX recently and have been pleased with the purchase. Two bones of contention are that the shocks on the back are none adjustable and the engine for a modern 125 injected a bit feeble. The shocks can be sorted out with aftermarket replacements. Given time I am sure the injection can be re-mapped for better power output.

Think you will be waiting until next years grass grows. I just bought a PCX recently and have been pleased with the purchase. Two bones of contention are that the shocks on the back are none adjustable and the engine for a modern 125 injected a bit feeble. The shocks can be sorted out with aftermarket replacements. Given time I am sure the injection can be re-mapped for better power output.

I have just two ordinary rear shocks on my Yamaha Nouvo Elegance. I occasionally will put not just my girlfriend behind me but also a 90 kilo Western guy---for hops up to a mile just to hit the first ring of bars, and I've found the twin stock shocks to be equal to this task.

I've made no secret of my opinion that Mios, Clicks, and Finos with their single off center shock although fine for many uses, they are not in it with those on my Nouvo and I'm sure they are not up to those in your PCX either. I think both Yamaha and Honda used them in these cheaper bikes in order to save production costs. But now that I've said all that please read my article in the Looking Glass online magazine and take a look at the pictures of what I found a single shocked Honda Click will do on steep heavily rutted dirt roads at Koh Samet Honda Click plays dirt bike conquerer of steep Koh Samet hills

I haven't seen any info on the 2010' model, the current model should be using the Mikuni S226/1 TPS carb.

why don't you google the Yamaha JP (Japan) website to see if Japan has this bike in circulation.

I have checked websites in other countries. Unfortunately, what is available in other countries has no relation to what is available here in Thailand. Some times the same model has a different name in 3 of 3 different countries. The Thai websites do not have english, and trying to get my girlfriend to translate is useless. Her English doesn't include machanacle or technical terms.

I am very happy with the acceleration and handling of the elegance, but would still like the little bit more that fuel injection would bring. I'd rather have a big bike, but they are just show off pieces in Pattaya, and not really practical. At 70kmh the nouvo feels like a skate board going down a steep hill. That's not really a problem except the few times I have to go on Sukhumvit.

I had hopes that someone would say that the new model would be coming out any day. It sounds like buying now and taking a loss when and if I want the new model would be better than to continue renting.

The gloves are off, for six countries including Thailand, ASEAN member states moved to the ZERO tariff on motorcycle parts for below 250cc motorcycles immediately. Also with the changing of the year the Chinese Free-Trade-Agreement with China is active, which give Chinese manufacturers access without limitations, on the below 250cc motorcycle market, for the whole ASEAN market.

From today you can import a Vietnamese build Honda SH150i from Vietnam and pay no tax on the import of this motorcycle.

The gloves are off, for six countries including Thailand, ASEAN member states moved to the ZERO tariff on motorcycle parts for below 250cc motorcycles immediately. Also with the changing of the year the Chinese Free-Trade-Agreement with China is active, which give Chinese manufacturers access without limitations, on the below 250cc motorcycle market, for the whole ASEAN market.

From today you can import a Vietnamese build Honda SH150i from Vietnam and pay no tax on the import of this motorcycle.

Just had a bit of a damper after taking a real close look at the Honda 150 PCXi at the local dealership. First, I really like the style (and fat tires). On the negative side although it's got a big under the seat luggage compartment I could find no hooks for bungie cords to strap down a desktop computer and other things across the back of the seat. There are all kinds of possibilities on my Nouvo Elegance.

Richard, that's incredible news. I like the 125 Honda PXi but I like the higher output Honda SH 150 i even more. If there's no import tax on Vietnamese built 150 c.c. Honda's I'm wondering then where this leaves Yamaha with its 250 Xmax. According to Bikez that's 249.78 ccm and close to 21 horsepower. Wonder if it's being made in anyone of those six ASEAN member countries. I'm not aware of a Yamaha 150 that's out---yet. But if the Honda SH 150 i can be gotten tariff free here in Thailand it's only a matter of time

• 3 weeks later...
The Yamaha Xmax 250cc is not build in the ASEAN region so it's not open for ZERO import TAX. Probably we can expect more lower then 250cc motorcycles from China... That for sure...

just read a news clip where 2 motoGP riders visit Thailand and introduced the new 150cc nuovo - but i can't find news about it anywhere else..

The Yamaha Xmax 250cc is not build in the ASEAN region so it's not open for ZERO import TAX. Probably we can expect more lower then 250cc motorcycles from China... That for sure...

just read a news clip where 2 motoGP riders visit Thailand and introduced the new 150cc nuovo - but i can't find news about it anywhere else..

How about linking the news clip ??

I saw on TV last night that Yamaha had released new bikes on the market Sunday 7th Feb. They even had Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo riding them around in a Bangkok shopping centre. Dont know what they were riding but they were not big bikes. And to my knowledge all future Yamaha's will be fuel injected. I in fact purchased a Yamaha 500cc T-Max Auto, great for touring and have a top speed if you were game of 180KPH.

It's true, but I believe that the whole thing is a mix-up. Most foreign press got a translated text which stated a new Nouvo 150cc scooter, while we can find on Yamaha Thailand's website about the event, with the two MotoGP heros, only a new 125cc scooter.

Yamaha Thailand

International Press Visor Down

So probably if one speaks about 125cc and the other about 150cc we get 135cc :) Or it's a 125cc Fuel-Injection...

I liked the look of the Fly 150, but on closer inspection the quality looked quite low..

Yeah, that Fly model looks pretty cool and at 70K Bht, I bet they'll sell a bunch here.

I'd never buy one as I'm wary of the durability of a Chinese bike.

Back in LA, I had a dozen friends dropping Chinese 150cc GY6 scooter motors in their Ruckus scooters but they were the ones always breaking down.

I've also burnt out several 50cc air cooled Chinese engines while pocketbike racing, but my Italian engines never burnt out.

Zongshen has 1-2 year warranties in other countries.

I'd be curious if they have a warranty here in Thailand.

Still, when's the last time you saw an old chinese bike for sale?

I think they all get sent to the scrapyard as their owners know they have no residual value.

Of course people thought the same 20 years ago with Hyundai cars and now they have 10 years warranties in the US.

I guess we need some guinea pigs to buy this bike and let us know how it lasts.