Security Guards Showing Authority.

Tornado

Three nights ago, myself, my wife, my mate and his wife went out to dinner in Kata. As per usual no parking available in the whole street :D, so I tried to park behind the Coffee Pot in a hotel parking area. Keep in mind that there is enough room for 10 cars and there was only me in the car park. I went to walk into the Coffee Pot, wine in hand and the security guard starts on me.

I calmly move my car onto the street after moving motorbikes and go to walk into the restaurant.

As per usual this dweeb thinks my wifes a whore, Ive been here two days and starts throwing the abuse. :D I got so head up, I burst! and over powered him, had him on the ground and was ready to smash his face in and my mate grabbed my arm (Good Idea when I think about it now). He then tried to punch my wife, so I threw him into the side wall and then onto the rose bushes, he bled from every part of his body.

I obviously had to leave the area for fear of guns or 20 Thais attacking a farang :o as they are only good in packs or with weapons.

The point of the post is this, I will never allow a Thai to talk down to me again, whether it be "someone of power" or a soi tramp, I have had it! :D

Im sick to death of the way they think about us and the disrespect shown to farang spouses.

Prior to this I have had few problems with Thais and was always respectable to them - Not anymore!

Three nights ago, myself, my wife, my mate and his wife went out to dinner in Kata. As per usual no parking available in the whole street  :D, so I tried to park behind the Coffee Pot in a hotel parking area. Keep in mind that there is enough room for 10 cars and there was only me in the car park. I went to walk into the Coffee Pot, wine in hand and the security guard starts on me.

I calmly move my car onto the street after moving motorbikes and go to walk into the restaurant.

As per usual this dweeb thinks my wifes a whore, Ive been here two days and starts throwing the abuse.  :D  I got so head up, I burst! and over powered him, had him on the ground and was ready to smash his face in and my mate grabbed my arm (Good Idea when I think about it now). He then tried to punch my wife, so I threw him into the side wall and then onto the rose bushes, he bled from every part of his body.

I obviously had to leave the area for fear of guns or 20 Thais attacking a farang  :o  as they are only good in packs or with weapons.

The point of the post is this, I will never allow a Thai to talk down to me again, whether it be "someone of power" or a soi tramp, I have had it!  :D

Im sick to death of the way they think about us and the disrespect shown to farang spouses.

Prior to this I have had few problems with Thais and was always respectable to them - Not anymore!

I have to agree the guy was a <deleted>. I have been in the same situation with a security guard thinking my wife was a short-time despite the fact the hotels in her name & we wear matching wedding rings. Even after pointing that out - no go. He wouldn't let her back into the hotel - we'd only popped out for dinner ! :D

It is however - hourse for courses. We are in the sex tour capital of the world & people do tend to tar others with the same brush.

Tornado it - sounds like a chill pill is in order - he throws verbal abuse - throw back some verbal OR walk away. Anything else is going to get you beaten and/or deported.

I think you got lucky that time. People have been killed here for much less.

Tornado: WOW....scary stuff. I fully understand your situation but.....you have been lucky since you could have been in a VERY difficult situation...police, locked-up and all that. A bullet is much faster than your hands....

LaoPo

Three nights ago, myself, my wife, my mate and his wife went out to dinner in Kata. As per usual no parking available in the whole street  :D, so I tried to park behind the Coffee Pot in a hotel parking area. Keep in mind that there is enough room for 10 cars and there was only me in the car park. I went to walk into the Coffee Pot, wine in hand and the security guard starts on me.

As per usual this dweeb thinks my wifes a whore, Ive been here two days and starts throwing the abuse.  :D  I got so head up, I burst! and over powered him, had him on the ground and was ready to smash his face in and my mate grabbed my arm (Good Idea when I think about it now). He then tried to punch my wife, so I threw him into the side wall and then onto the rose bushes, he bled from every part of his body.

I obviously had to leave the area for fear of guns or 20 Thais attacking a farang  :o  as they are only good in packs or with weapons.

The point of the post is this, I will never allow a Thai to talk down to me again, whether it be "someone of power" or a soi tramp, I have had it!  :D

I have to agree the guy was a <deleted>. I have been in the same situation with a security guard thinking my wife was a short-time despite the fact the hotels in her name & we wear matching wedding rings. Even after pointing that out - no go. He wouldn't let her back into the hotel - we'd only popped out for dinner ! :D

It is however - hourse for courses. We are in the sex tour capital of the world & people do tend to tar others with the same brush.

Tornado it - sounds like a chill pill is in order - he throws verbal abuse - throw back some verbal OR walk away. Anything else is going to get you beaten and/or deported.

I think you got lucky that time. People have been killed here for much less.

I agree, these dumbfcuk yams are not worth it, remember they are way down the list of evolution here in Thailand.

They are not worth getting into 'serious' trouble.

Why do you believe you were treated badly because you were a farang? Thai security guards show what little authority they have with Thais, too. Don't make it a farang v. Thai thing, when it isn't necessarily the case. There's enough hatred out there as it is without fanning the flames.

Good idea for a "how to handle ones self in a bad situation" thread, but lets not let it degenerate into a Thai bashing thread. We all need to let off some steam, not here though.

Carry on torny...

why did you not just give him 20 baht and leave your car parked where it was in the first place?

It didnt get to that unfortunately, he was abusive as soon as I got out of my car, so I moved it to the road.

Gary A - Did it occur to you that if you had parked properly to start with there would have been no problem?

No signs that I saw, I moved the car as soon as I had grief and was none the wiser. I had already parked on the road, when he still was abusing me :o

Anyway, I deal with things a little different than some.

Pedro1 and LaoPo, I agree in most part, but when angry who thinks straight?

I walked away from the first abuse as I usually do, it wasnt until he was in my face on the curb, that I lost it.

Why do you believe you were treated badly because you were a farang?  Thai security guards show what little authority they have with Thais, too.  Don't make it a farang v. Thai thing, when it isn't necessarily the case.  There's enough hatred out there as it is without fanning the flames.

less of the yah bah buddy :o

Tornado,

You certainly are a colorful character.  I'm not sure why you got upset because the security guard was doing his job.  Since you've only been here a couple days, we can overlook your churlish behavior.

:o

doing his job, following a man out onto the sidewalk because he parked in the wrong place - please! the two day bit I liked though :D

Torn, first off, I agree that the guy was being your typical pedantic, jobsworth prick who probably thought he could pick on an "easy" target.

However, you have mentioned previously that you have plans to move on - is this still the case? A mate of mine is also doing the same and moving back to the UK. Since he announced this, having the average conversation about Thailand with him is usually full of negatives. Many of the things he says I can truely sympathise with him, but it is as though x years of built-up frustration dealing with life here is finally being released...

I suspect that, if you are moving on, something similar is happening to you and what happened with this security guard is one conclusion of it?

Just a guess, like...

I pity the next farang-Thai couple that comes across this particular security guard in the car park. If he wasn't a farang-hater before, he certainly will be now...

He probably was before, it seems that as Thailand get's stronger and as Thaksin is making it harder and harder and harder for any farang to live here, more and more Thai's, especially male Thai's, are 'coming out' and showing their true feelings towards the foreigners who for years and years have, maybe in their eyes, 'used' their country and their women.

I personaly hate the predudice but on the other hand can understand it...

That said, I spoke to Tornado later that same night and can understand why he reacted the way he did, though I was also concerned for any possible repercussions though luckily there have not been so far.

It's useful to have good connections, (which he does) - because it doesn't matter how big you are - if a war is started on their soil there wll only be one sure winner.

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

close it Tuky, Ive been over run by ######s, stupid comments and just PC idiots.

My posts explained what happened, I wasnt in the wrong, I didnt start it and didnt deserve the abuse. Now rave on like ######wits like you are. :o

Gents, I think Tornado is right. This thread needs to be closed as it will never lead anywhere productive.

If it has given any of you ideas for another thread please start a new one and continue there.

Thanks

:o

I battle with the ######s at Marine everyday, I was standing in the alleyway that leads to my club door once and this pricks orders me to move as well as asking what i'm doing = <deleted> Off. (The motorbiike taxi guys told him that the alleyway was actually mine and he then walked off) :o