Internet Shop Opposite Nrru Korat

Loz

So yesterday I went to this internet shop. Been a hand full of times after falling out with one up the road because the staff were objectionable. Found this new quiet one run by a lady of middle age. Always got a comp and always a reasonably fast connection. However yesterday there was a new young lady working there. Bearing in mind I am a huge cynic about thai women, this young lady was quite demure and elegant. :D

Went in yesterday for an hour before lunch. then went about my day. did some work in the garden etc... come evennig time I decided to go out food (nothing new there) but couldn't find my wallet. remembered thinking I'd left it at home early when I popped out for some tea and used the cash in my pocket. but as hard as I looked around the house, I just couldn't find it. I retraced my steps. Breakfast in a hotel, used my wallet. internet shop, used my wallet. THE END> :D

So took some cash from the house safe (only recently started keeping some in there, lucky for me cos its was 8pn now!) an went to the shop. the last place I remembered having it. Of course I'm not stupid. I didn't expect much but I figured maybe the atm cards and driving license might have been dumped.... :D

No, The older lady was back on duty and before I had closed the door behind me she had rumaged in her draw and produced my wallet with all the cash still attached to the money clip on the back. 1400baht. I couldn't thank her enough. She wouldn't take any money as a thank you so I went to use her shop again today and took her a fresh fruit basket I put together from the best vendors I know. She was happier to accept that gesture of gratitude and I felt better for doing something more thoughtful. She said she'd save it for when the young girl returned that afternoon as she was the real hero.

Just wanted to post a happy story of thais being honest almost to a fault. I was resigned to the fact that all was lost so to be soooo wrong was a pleasure! :D:D

Needless to say, I will be a loyal customer to her shop even though its out of my way. The quietness and the staff service are worth the detour. A lady next to me today took a phone call and was whispering into the phone so as not to disturb. Now I am back in my local shop just to send this, the kids screaming makes me wish I'd just bought another hour at the good place... Ah well.. :)