Malasya Border Run, Sadao Or Any Better?

kosh

I'll have to do a border run first week of february and after last year organized trip i decided to go solo.

If i start with the 10am ferry, i'll be in Hat Yai at 5/6/7pm. Hotel and next morning taxi to border and back.

Sadao border is very close to Hat Yai but it is high trafficked and the malay side is very far, the taxi cannot follow me.

Is there any border crossing smaller and close to hat Yai?

any suggestion for an hotel apart the usual web sites?

last year i went with an organized tour to Penang and i think they missed every possible connection and boat, minivan never run if not full... :D if only Firefly would make a visa run flight to Penang once a week! :)

I used to go to Padang Bessar. Mini bus to the border from Hat Yai

Motorbike Taxis wait to take you through the checkpoints and back again. They will drop you back at the Mini Bus Station in Padang.

They will even stop off at the Duty Free shop if you ask.

Motorbike Taxis wait to take you through the checkpoints and back again. They will drop you back at the Mini Bus Station in Padang.

Yes that was the big crossing point i went last year. It was night so i did not see any Bike taxi...

So in Hat Yai I need a taxi to a minu bus to sadao-padang bessar and back.

okydoky, anything interesting at Duty Free apart poison stuff (cigarettes and liquors)? :)

Yes that was the big crossing point i went last year. It was night so i did not see any Bike taxi...

okydoky, anything interesting at Duty Free apart poison stuff (cigarettes and liquors)? :)

Usual stuff. I was a bit of a hero bringing back a case of Carlsberg.

Sadao border crossing is on Highway 4.

Pedang bessar is on Highway 4054.

both pedang besar and dannok(sadao) are easy runs,just pick up a mimibys at hat yai bus station.If you're into an overnighter and like karaoke bars,massage palours,try dannok,plenty of action.

massage? there is one every 50 meter in lamai, they are enough :) ......

both pedang besar and dannok(sadao) are easy runs,just pick up a mimibys at hat yai bus station.If you're into an overnighter and like karaoke bars,massage palours,try dannok,plenty of action.

massage? there is one every 50 meter in lamai, they are enough :) ......

dannok has to be seen to be beleived. good hotel 850 was there again last week great fun. wall to wall karaoke cant understand why people spend night in Hat Yai when theres Dannok right on the border.

• 4 weeks later...

That was correct....I arrived in hat Yai bus station and found the minivan on the next platform, it was the only one marked with Border.

ONE PROBLEM: the did not tell me that after 6pm there is no return minivan... :)

stuck in Padang Bazar for the night, very cheap but not recommended.... :D

karaoke bar stops at 2am, muezzin start at 5am....

But tht was the cheapest 2 days border run possible on earth, next year i'll fly to Macau :D

ps:i remember last border run there was shops outside, Padang Bazar is in the middle of nowhere, passport stamp says sadao (thai) changloon (malesya)...i only remeber well the morning border, at night difficult to see around...

Next time If you have a multi entry visa try Ranong. The ferry to Chumphon. A night there, nice town with some good cheap food the the morning run to Ranong. Back for the afternoon ferry to Samui :)

any Lebanese restaurants up there? :D

if someone wants to do a visa run we have a seat available in our car for the 19th february, we rent a fortuner and go to khuan don(near sadao).

PM me if interested, the costs are shared between everyone, no profit intended.

Not totally correct, the big sign at the bus station Border is for padang bazar (shitty place....), and nobody speak english....

Next time If you have a multi entry visa try Ranong. The ferry to Chumphon. A night there, nice town with some good cheap food the the morning run to Ranong. Back for the afternoon ferry to Samui :)

I do not like Burma...

With Malesya i jumped on a bike-taxi and I got a 60 days visa without getting off it for free.

I wish thailand would be the same....

Not totally correct, the big sign at the bus station Border is for padang bazar (shitty place....), and nobody speak english....

the signs at the bus station displayed are for dannok or pedang besar,not difficult to see at all.price 55 baht.

just go with Herberts Visa Run. Its the best and most easy way from samui.

Apart the mistake for the border, morning not evening, a normal bus ticket is 450b, depart ferry at 10am, arrive in hatyai around 6pm.

Doing that trip in one day is not a good idea, by car of course, a chopper will be nice....

A Firefly ATR to Penang even better....

the signs at the bus station displayed are for dannok or pedang besar,not difficult to see at all.price 55 baht.

Yes, but if you say the magic word, Border, they will put you on the Padang Bazar, 50b, not to be used after 6/7pm... :)

if u just need to cross the border and come back. u can go to Satun. or Murmar is closer.

there is another island in malaysia for get name something like Kala baru might be wrong on the name someone will know. they have an embassy there. they stopped giving out visas in penang. last time i went to Hong Kong to make mine. about 3500 rtn air asia from Bangkok. i did 3500 to HK then 1500 back to bangkok from Macau. Macau is defenatly worth a visit. hope that helps. though it is probably too late now

if u just need to cross the border and come back. u can go to Satun. or Murmar is closer.

there is another island in malaysia for get name something like Kala baru might be wrong on the name someone will know. they have an embassy there. they stopped giving out visas in penang. last time i went to Hong Kong to make mine. about 3500 rtn air asia from Bangkok. i did 3500 to HK then 1500 back to bangkok from Macau. Macau is defenatly worth a visit. hope that helps. though it is probably too late now

From Samui there is still the cost and worse the time spent to get to Bangkok. For example all Bali flight departs around 7/8 am....

A 450b to hatyai, night shopping, border trip next morning and 450b bus back is still the cheapest and less stressful way...

But last year Bkk air was discounting Hong Kong flight heavily, so who knows, for now all airline are in deep shit...

From Samui there is still the cost and worse the time spent to get to Bangkok. For example all Bali flight departs around 7/8 am....

A 450b to hatyai, night shopping, border trip next morning and 450b bus back is still the cheapest and less stressful way...

But last year Bkk air was discounting Hong Kong flight heavily, so who knows, for now all airline are in deep shit...

even with discount bangkok air from samui is about 8 k each way. compared to air asia from bbk 3500 from bangkok. with the money u save. get the bus to bangers hotel bangers hotel in HK and back to bangers and back to samui still cheaper

is it kota buri not sure. but herbert goes there my friend got 3 year non b there. not sure if they still do it ask herbert.

following suit from Penang. Whats the matter with these people. should be straight forward. u have the write paper work u have your business in order with the company document share holders. then why they not give out the visa. It is either a yes or a no thing. you are either ellagable or not. really annoying, shouldn't matter who is in charge. Penangs stopped giving out tourist visas. my mate had to get a train to KL he was adivised to apply for stdent visa or a sports visa or a work visa because he has been here for so long. his excuse was straight forward. He is a tourist why should he pretend to be a student or a worker when he isn't.

TIT