Non Immig O For Work Question

Hi, I will be applying for a 12 month multi entry non immigrant O visa in the next few weeks. I will have all the relevant papers from my employer and I am wondering if it possible to obtain this regionally at Vientiane or KL? I also have a few back to back TVs as well - should this present any problems?

Thank you, MM

You will not get multiple entry non immigrant visa in the region (apart from Perth).

With paperwork from your employer you would be getting a single entry non immigrant B visa. But again, to get even that, you would have to have applied for a work permit already (WP3 form). Without this WP3 form it is unlikely to get a non immigrant visa at all.

Once you re-enter Thailand labor department will issue you with your work permit, next visa run you can get a multiple entry visa, if WP is valid for at least another 8 months (and I think a minimum 8 million Baht capitalized employing company)

When Form WP3 (work permit application form) is lodged at the Labour Department, the prospective employer receives a receipt, which is the Approval Letter referred to in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs notes on Non Immigrant "B" Visa application procedures in the link below. This Approval Letter (which is a small slip of paper) is what you will need to show the consulate when applying for your Non-B visa. Will be single entry visa first time round, and KL would be a good place to go. You can apply for multiple entry visa next time within the region with actual work permit - at KL with minimum 8 months remaining on work permit or at Penang as long as company has registered share capital of at least 8 million baht - or alternatively apply for extension of stay based on employment at Thai immigration, if you meet the requirements.

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2492

Singapore can blow hot and cold and their rules tend to change more frequently than the weather. The requirements for Non-B visa issue within the region are documented on the MFA's website in the link already provided, so always suggest going fully prepared with paperwork.