Stickers Ban Free Sex On Tourist Island

george

The TAT will inform tourists that public sex is banned under the Thai law by issuing stickers and leaflets to residents of the island's hotels and guesthouses outlining the legal position.

........... Can somebody please tell me what is the legal position?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TAT will inform tourists that public sex is banned under the Thai law by issuing stickers and leaflets to residents of the island's hotels and guesthouses outlining the legal position.

........... Can somebody please tell me what is the legal position?

Same as the missionary position - but only behind closed doors. :o

Can somebody please tell me what is the legal position?

Sorry, could not resist, I tried, but...

The "legal position" is when a Thai female (of any age) has one of the following on top of her:

- Judge
- Politician
- Police Officer
- Family Member

I told you I could not resist ! :o

Ok - perhaps that is the Thai definition of "FREE SEX", but in the context of the article it seems to mean sex in middle of public. 

It's not exactly fair to complain about the confusing grammer used by someone if it is not their native language.

When in Rome, learn at least some of the cultural nuances!!... (and I am refering to Caligula's Rome either!)

No suprise then that a English language newspaper in Thailand will actually use the Thai meaning of the word. Most of the readership are English speaking Thai's!

I mean, English is not exactly uniformly used in different English speaking countries either. A fanny in the US is not the same thing as a fanny in the UK/Australia now is it!

And if a cheerleader roots for the team, she would be doing very different things if she was in Australia as opposed to the US.

...And if a cheerleader roots for the team, she would be doing very different things if she was in Australia as opposed to the US.

I worked for a company in the US for a couple of months. I once asked one of the secretaries for a rubber. :o But she knew I was "the English guy", so she gave me an eraser. :D

Full Moon Party set to rage on

SURAT THANI: -- The Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan off Surat Thani will not be discontinued just because Senator Rabiabrat Pongpanit has alleged it is riddled with sex and drugs, local businesses say.

Chanchote Piriyasathit, chairman of the Koh Phangan Tourism Promotion Association, said Mrs Rabiabrat had made ``a mountain out of a molehill'' as only a very small number of tourists had come for drugs and sex.

``Several VIPs, many of them far more important than Mrs Rabiabrat, have come to see the party for themselves but none have ever made negative comments damaging our reputation,'' Mr Chanchote said.

Pipit Rattanarak, a provincial councillor and owner of a resort on the island, said the party has been held for 25 consecutive years, and if there really was anything bad about it, locals would not have let it go on for so long.

At the same time, Tourism and Sports Minister Somsak Thepsuthin said only a small group of tourists were involved in reported sex parties at the full moon celebration.

He said the authorities had done their best to regulate the event, but there might be some areas they had failed to cover.

The minister also brushed aside public concerns over a movie shoot at Wat Arun Ratchawararam in which a Japanese star wore a revealing outfit.

Pictures of the scantily-clad actress were published by local newspapers.

He said the chances of the temple's strict dress code being flouted were only 1-2%.

``Naturally, it hurts Thai Buddhists but it will not ruin the country's tourism,'' he said.

--Bangkok Post 2005-05-03

Funny article from the locals. Did that senator really say they were "sex parties" at the FMP? Very funny. Every month I quiz our customers and ask them if they have seen anyone having sex (we are talking actual act here, not heavy snogging, ok?) and very few say yes. So, if there was widespread sexual acts on the beach I would have heard of it by now.

Ok - perhaps that is the Thai definition of "FREE SEX", but in the context of the article it seems to mean sex in middle of public. 

Someone needs to learn real English.

It is no good just looking up words in a dictionary.

I think they meant Gratuitous Sex...............

Which is a rather different matter.

Though still free. :o

I would suggest that people be appointed to check that money has changed hands, and then issue "sex has been paid for" stickers. :D

"Sex Credit Stickers" sounds more like it...Maybe can buy two and get one free or can add up like air miles and can be used in some famous places as credit in the Bangkok massage hotels like Juliana and Catharina.

If we keep the receipts, can we get tax breaks?? :o

Pha-ngan Island’s “Full Moon Party” to continue

SURAT THANI: -- The famous “Full Moon Party” ......

“Inappropriate acts will not be allowed, we don’t care that much about earning a huge income,” the governor told TNA.

.....“If the party is no good, local islanders would not have allowed the party to continue for such a long period and foreign tourists might not take long-haul flights to stay in this tropical island destination,” said the chairman of the provincial committee on tourist development.

A small group of people who act inappropriately should not be allowed to spoil it for the rest, he said.

--TNA 2005-05-01

We don't care much about... Ohmybuddha!! 

But bless the guy for striking back at our honourable KK senator.

Stickers ban free sex on tourist island 

Noting that tourists should be aware that Thailand is not a place to have public sexual intercourse, he warned that tourists having free sex could be arrested.

--TNA 2005-04-29

No Free Sex???? Does this mean that all Thais are whores??? or am I reading this wrong? I thought prostitution was 'officially' ILLEGAL in Thailand. :D but now its illegal to have free sex in the south?

Can someone explain what is meant with free sex?

All I know is that if a tourist comes in the country (lets say a first time airhead) and gets a sticker that says No Free Sex in thailand, it will only strenghten his small minded point of view that all thais are prostitutes...

Good going senator or whoever came up with this 'Bright Idea' :D:D:o cause its really gonna make a difference... LOOOOL

The company that has been awarded the contract to MAKE the GOVT sponsored STICKER.... oddly is the same company that printed up all the Futbol nonsense last year.. Hmmm. The ASIAN Senator. does not know Brown rice from White rice.. " IF they say it.. many will come" :D

By the way..since the Fine Senate is concerned with such "issues" isn't it about time for that.. Righteous ONE.. to look up for more of the Japanese Gold..

Then of course that other guy.. who is trying to make is own airport.

Hey Senate dudes. your slacking.. I miss my funnies.. :o

Newbie here...just wanna say I got frustrated reading the news clippins...and people's responses...without the ability to add my 2 penneth's worth...so decided to join up and will post happily from this day forward....ps. this subject is a good 'un...but just can't think of anything to write at the mo!! :o