Non-immigrant ed multiple-entry

Hi everybody,

now I finally did it! I will come to Bangkok in january next year and there I will start to learn thai by joining the intensive thai program at the Chulalongkorn University. This is only possible because my employer is exemptng me for this period paying me a decreased but still fair salary. If I manage it to get an 3 month internship for the summer time, I will be exempted for the whole year, so that I can apply for further courses before and after the internship. I have now applied for the first of 9 courses with a duration of 5 weeks. I will therefore also get only the letter of admission for this period. As the instruction fees are non refundable I don't want to apply for more than 1 course as long as I don't have my internship fixed.

My question now is, can I apply for a Non-Immigrant ED Multiple-Entry Visa having in hand only the letter of admission for a 5 week language course? Is there eventually another visa type which is easier to get considering that I have a fixed income?

Any help regarding which visa type is the best and how to obtain it would be highly apreciated.

Thanx in advance,

Michael

Bring a letter from the insitution together with a letter from you describing your plans, that might get you Non-Immigrant visa. Single or multiple entry, depending on you and your paper work.

What nationality are you and where will you apply.

Thanx George.

I'm German and therefore will apply at the embassy in Berlin or the consulate in Stuttgart.

Try to get a least a Double entry, or better, a multiple one year (will last for 15 months, with visa runs every 90 days,  if you use it smart). Cheers!

Stuttgart is quite helpful but I would suggest Karlsruhe.

That's where I send my customers or friends from Germany.

No guarantee, but guess for 90%-success. Explain in your letter that you intent to travel as well to the countries surrounding Thailand wherefore you wish to apply for a Non-Imm B with Multiple entries.

Go yourself and make an appointment beforehand by phone.

Königlich Thailändisches Honorarkonsulat

Sephanienstraße 22

76133 Karlsruhe

(0721) 2031456, Fax (0721) 2031457

Ansprechpartner: Herr Andreas Bachert