Painter Needed

seaeagle

Oh dear. Another Thai fails to smell the coffee!

I've used a painter a few times, and have always been happy with his work and rates. But he's suddenly decided to jump on the bandwagon, and quote a stupid amount for a job. I expected a price in the region of 15,000 including materials, and he;s come up with a figure of...................26,000 !

My jaw has dropped ! When will they learn?

So, I need a other quote. Anyone have a contact for a painter who could do work in the Chalong area?

They all get so greedy don't they.. What is it you want to paint? I know a guy here in Chiang mai who may want a job. You fly him down or train or bus him.. then give hin 2 meals a day and pay him by the day.. I pay him 300 baht a day and he is WONDERFUL.. He will most likely want 500 a day as he has to leave his home and his wife for as long as you need him to do the job. He has painted my house and built fences and just so much.. and here is the kicker.. He speaks good English! I will keep him as long as I can afford him.. but if you need a really HONEST Thai worker for a week or two I will ask him if he will be interested in doing that.. Believe me a good Thai painter or work is hard to find. Email me in a private email.