Female Dog Spay Cost

We have so many dogs at our factory. Can anyone give me an idea about how much does "dog spay" cost in Thailand?? if you are not sure please tell me a price range is good too. And also can you recommend Veterinary hospital in Nokornpathom??? Thank you

It depends on the body weight of the female dog. In Chiang Mai it's between 1,000 and 1,500 bath for a medium to large sized dog. In Nakornphatom the price may be a bit higher.

Best to drop by a vet clinic and ask. If you're lucky they may even give you a discount when you say they are strays.

Here in Phuket, you can call Soi Dogs Foundation or Paws (Phuket Animals Welfare Society); they will catch them, bring them to their facilitie to sterilize them and bring them back a few days later without asking for any charges.

Here in Phuket, you can call Soi Dogs Foundation or Paws (Phuket Animals Welfare Society); they will catch them, bring them to their facilitie to sterilize them and bring them back a few days later without asking for any charges.

It depends on the body weight of the female dog. In Chiang Mai it's between 1,000 and 1,500 bath for a medium to large sized dog. In Nakornphatom the price may be a bit higher.

Best to drop by a vet clinic and ask. If you're lucky they may even give you a discount when you say they are strays.

thank you for the info..i believe i will try to get the discount..

yes, i knew that from the internet

Where do you go in Chiang Mai? We use Dr. Nook which many people seem to recommend but we were quoted around 2500 for our little Shitzhu. Seems a little expensive compared to others on here but we do want to ensure it goes well without any complications.

Can anybody say how it affected the female dogs personality? I know that males change quite a bit but how about females?

Where do you go in Chiang Mai? We use Dr. Nook which many people seem to recommend but we were quoted around 2500 for our little Shitzhu. Seems a little expensive compared to others on here but we do want to ensure it goes well without any complications.

Can anybody say how it affected the female dogs personality? I know that males change quite a bit but how about females?

some ppl say female dogs may become moody for a while after spaying..

some ppl say female dogs may become moody for a while after spaying..

My dog was spayed two weeks ago. She is fine. My other dog was also spayed a few years ago, and no changes. I wouldn't worry about it.

2,500 baht for a Shih Tzu seems quite expensive to me.

I normally go to Ban Mha ka Meaw on the Mahidol road (053 204 215). It's a good Clinic, they speak good English and Dr. Nook got her practical experience there before she opened her own clinic.

Spaying can affect a female's behavior in the sense of; females with an already dominant nature that are spayed at an early age are much more prone to become even more dominant which can include other males and their owners.

Next to that spaying at an early age can have many more side-effects: http://www.luckydogs.info/pdf/Web_-_Spayin...s_and_Con_s.pdf

2,500 baht for a Shih Tzu seems quite expensive to me.

I normally go to Ban Mha ka Meaw on the Mahidol road (053 204 215). It's a good Clinic, they speak good English and Dr. Nook got her practical experience there before she opened her own clinic.

Spaying can affect a female's behavior in the sense of; females with an already dominant nature that are spayed at an early age are much more prone to become even more dominant which can include other males and their owners.

Next to that spaying at an early age can have many more side-effects: http://www.luckydogs.info/pdf/Web_-_Spayin...s_and_Con_s.pdf

Thanks for that article, very informative. I should add though, my Shitzhu is nearly 2.5 years old so it sounds like it might be the right time. Not sure if her age would complicate it though and explain the high cost? I will definitely check out that other clinic. This dog is really sweet and has a great nature. I just wouldn't want her to really change in any way (other than reproductively of course) from the operation. Thanks again for the info.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...