Streaming Thai Tv From Uk Over Internet

Eastender

My wife watches streaming Thai television from the UK using two websites, DOO TV (UK based server) and BBTV Thai (Thailand based server?). Both often suffer start stop problems as it appears something can't keep up. Stuff like You Tube is fine, though usually of lower quality. My broadband connection is 2Mb though measures a little higher. CPU is a little below 2GHz and RAM is 1Mb. Before forking out some money on the PC I'd like to get a good idea of whether the main bottleneck is the PC, the broadband speed, or their server.

Has any body had and solved similar issues? I've put this on the General branch assuming more UK based Thai TV users may be looking here.

Sounds like your computer is getting a bit old but that may not be the problem. Is okay some or most of the time? Also is it better at some times of the day. When the school kids get home the internet can really slow down from being over loaded.

Try opening task manager ctrl + Alt + Delete and go to processes and see if the computer is overloaded with processes.

Thanks for the replies.

Sometimes it's OK for say 30 mins, other times stopping every minute. That made me wonder whether it was server related. But it doesn't seem to be time of day related, even for the UK based server. Task manager shows CPU at 25%.

I will see if I can get improved bandwidth.

It would be good to hear from others using the same TV services.

Cheers,

Robin.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My wife uses dootv too and it's no problem at all. Quality is excellent, just like TV.

It looks like your internet speed is the problem. We have 20MB connection with 1mb upload: www.bethere.co.uk

they charge same price as BT... but speed is really fast so no probs. In fact i watch all the footy online too...

My wife uses http://www.lakornthai.tv/index.php and doesn't normally have any problems, with excellent quality, probably as good as the TV in Thailand.

I have an 8MB connection and also watch the football on line, usually without problems, but very occasionally get buffering problems around the times when there are loads of kids on line playing games which makes my connection slower.