Best Place To Buy A Leather Satchel

rowley

Great heavy duty leather shop at MBK. 2nd or 3rd floor i believe. Good prices, handmade, and durable. The satchel i take to work is almost exactly like the one pictured in the OP. The one below, is my "man purse" which is handmade in the US I use it almost everyday. I hate loading things into my pockets.

BTW: That's not me in the picture, I'm much better looking! :)

post-55616-1263876808_thumb.jpg

post-55616-1263876853_thumb.jpg

ooh, a shopping question! :)

Have you tried the Pratunam area? its got bags galore.

Well now that you mention it I have looked about everywhere else but there. Does anyone know of a place that for sure sells satchels like this? I will have to try Pratunam I guess

Great heavy duty leather shop at MBK. 2nd or 3rd floor i believe. Good prices, handmade, and durable. The satchel i take to work is almost exactly like the one pictured in the OP. The one below, is my "man purse" which is handmade in the US I use it almost everyday. I hate loading things into my pockets.

Nice man purse! I will have to check out MBK. Do you remember about how much these are. They are so expensive in the US

Nice man purse! I will have to check out MBK. Do you remember about how much these are. They are so expensive in the US

Something similar to the pic you have listed will run you about 3000-4000 baht, so not cheap by Thai standards, but good quality and i think a fair price for what you are looking for. My "man purse" made in the USA from "Saddleback Leather Co."costs 4000 baht. I have never seen one even similar here in LOS, and it is the perfect size. My friends like to hassle me about it, but hey mai bpen rai.

They make satchels like the one you are looking for, but it would run you about $400.00 (US), so there is definitely deals to be had here, and I think Thailand has some very good quality leather. Keep in mind that a good leather satchel can take some getting used to especially when you start loading it up as they are a little heavy even when empty.

Good luck with your search!

Edited by mizzi39