Chiang Mai University Area

Tywais

If you haven't noticed yet but due to graduation ceremonies the area around CMU, Suthep, Huey Kaew and especially inside the university, the traffic is thick. Probably Neimenheman too. I know I'm slow posting this but wasn't aware of it until arriving at work today. Expect more of the same tomorrow so plan accordingly. :)

Neimenheman closed to traffic from Suthep Road this morning so Canal Road very busy as a result.

That explains the half kilometer queue of cars at the Suthep/Canal intersection when I came into work this morning. Think I will take tomorrow off work. Within the university they block off large sections of road and trying to get to the office plus finding parking is a real headache. :)

I was there last week, terrible traffic hold ups.

The cause of the problem is all those young girl University students riding their motorbikes, wearing thick make up, thin low cut blouses, ultra short navy blue skirts and some even showing their undies

Disgusting I say and for those who are easily offended, I would suggest that you avoid the area.

Edited by BigWheelMan

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Tywais,

Don't know if what we saw on Thanon Charoen Muang yesterday around 4PM was related to CMU activities or not, but the Rot Fai road (north south on the west side of the railway station) was blocked by policemen.

Sure enough, the whole of Chaoen Muang had been cleared for a procession of, obviously, very important people.

After about ten minutes of waiting at the intersection with Charoen Muang, with Charoen Muang absolutely empty of traffic : here came the procession of various vehicles at high speed, police cars, finally two gorgeously ivory-creme color large Mercedes limos, followed by the usual rear-guard including ambulance, etc.

Roughly three minutes after the procession had passed, we were allowed to continue.

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

The cause of the problem is all those young girl University students riding their motorbikes, wearing thick make up, thin low cut blouses, ultra short navy blue skirts and some even showing their undies

Disgusting I say and for those who are easily offended, I would suggest that you avoid the area.

I think you just caused a huge traffic jam. Personally I know I will be there in the morning probably until dark to see just how offended I can become.

It shouldn't be allowed. Scandalous!!

post-54542-1264056977_thumb.jpg