Desperate Qn: How To Recover Lost Nokia Hp

Charis

Hi,

I lost a nokia E71 along suk road. Does anyone know how or if possible to recover this? Will police help track with IMEI number? The phone is not thai language enabled so perhaps someone will sell it away. Where's it probably sold? I've a lot of data and pictures so really wanna get it back. Pls help if u can.

Yeah the police will assign a 24/7 task force which will not rest until the phone is found. Mwahahahaha.

Sorry.... ok so the police won't help you. Forget it.

Have you tried calling the phone? What to do in order:

1 - Call the phone - maybe a kind / honest person found it and wants to return it but they have no idea who you are. In that case they'll pick up the phone and you can try to get it from them. Maybe need a thai speaking person to help you.

2 - Send a text message to the phone, tell them you will give them 10,000 baht reward if they agree to exchange the phone somewhere.

If (2) and it's in the hand of a thief, it's very easy to trick a thief using their greed, offer more money, then double cross them at the exchange, or just pay up, up to you.

If it's a smart thief, they'll sell the phone somewhere and chances to get it back are very slim. Needle in a haystack.

Yet another win for the iPhone as I might add, if my phone got stolen I could buy a new one and restore it to the exact same state of my previous one with the push of a button, the phone gets backed up every time you connect to the computer. Photos, sms messages, contacts, everything.

we tried to message - but the phone doesn't even read thai. it comes out gibberish, so hopeless to communicate with the "Thief" at all unless they read english?? it sounds totally hopeless.

yes, wanted to buy the iphone before E71 but it was not available, guess that's the next choice.

*big big sigh*

we tried to message - but the phone doesn't even read thai. it comes out gibberish, so hopeless to communicate with the "Thief" at all unless they read english?? it sounds totally hopeless.

yes, wanted to buy the iphone before E71 but it was not available, guess that's the next choice.

*big big sigh*

Establishing contact with whoever has the phone is pretty much your only option though - did you get anything back? When you call the phone, does it ring, or do you get the "phone cannot be reached" message from AIS? When you turn on delivery notifications, can you confirm that your messages get delivered?

Basically you need to figure out if they removed the SIM card and sold the phone already, or if they still have the phone with the SIM inserted. Send them "10,000 baht reward", they'll understand that. Time is of essence. You need to prevent them from removing the SIM and selling the phone if it's not already too late.

You can go to AIS / DTAC service center and see if they can do anything about the IMEI. They might be able to remotely lock it - but then, I don't know, I don't think you'll get it back either.

Called the phone initial half hour of realizing it was lost. someone switched it off; tried to message. But realize phone doesn't support Thai text, so I sent English message, even tho' i know its even more hopeless. Will go to AIS to check it and replace SIM.

The Spouse suggested still going to Police. What an experience. For anyone else reading this, if you lose something and wanna make a police report, be warned that you need to go to the police station that has jurisdiction over the vicinity. Else, it's tough tough tough. I got a statement after much effort, managed to persuade them to sign it, will submit Nokia to blacklist the IMEI. I guess we'll never get it back.

*sigh* learnt a gd lesson; always back up electronic devices.

Yet another win for the iPhone as I might add, if my phone got stolen I could buy a new one and restore it to the exact same state of my previous one with the push of a button, the phone gets backed up every time you connect to the computer. Photos, sms messages, contacts, everything.

You dont need a iPhone for that, my 4000 Baht Nokia does the same, Nokia Suite is all what you need.

You dont need a iPhone for that, my 4000 Baht Nokia does the same, Nokia Suite is all what you need.

Unless something changed dramatically in the last 2 years, the Nokia PC Suite is the worst piece of sh*** software I have seen on my PC. Wouldn't trust it with backups by any stretch of the imagination. Have you ever recovered a lost phone using this software? I'd be surprised if it worked at all, and even more surprised if it restored, say, SMS messages.

Edited by nikster

For some strange reason my mobile phones dont get stolen and I dont loose them. Nock on wood :)

So no, I never had to restore a backup, however I can see all my sms and contacts on my PC Suite. If i cant restore them to a new phone, I still can restore the stuff manually. So I can not loose my data.

For some strange reason my mobile phones dont get stolen and I dont loose them. Nock on wood :D

So no, I never had to restore a backup, however I can see all my sms and contacts on my PC Suite. If i cant restore them to a new phone, I still can restore the stuff manually. So I can not loose my data.

I don't think the Nokia PC Suite works very well (understatement!!!) but if it at least has the data then you are always able to restore it, manually if you must. So that's excellent! :)