What Countries Can Thai Citizens Go To Without A Visa?

I came across this list last year and saved it - hope it helps

Owen01

The countries or regions that grant visa-free or visa-on-arrival to personal Thailand passport holders are:

* 90 days for all passport type.

o Argentina

o Brazil

o Chile

o Haiti

o Panama (Visa on arrival at 5 USD maximum stay of 90 days)

o Peru

o Bermuda (Maximum stay of 6 months)

o South Korea

o Andorra

o Switzerland (For a traveller with valid Schengen visa only)

o Ethiopia (on arrival for a maximum stay of 3 months)

o Kenya (Visa on arrival maximum stay of 3 months)

o Madagascar (Visa on arrival at 28,000 MGA)

o Fiji (Maximum stay 120 days)

o Solomon Islands ("Visitors Permit" required, which can be obtained on arrival for a maximum stay of 3 months)

* 60 days for all passport type.

o Nepal (Visa on arrival at 30 USD)

o Samoa (Visa on arrival)

* 30 days for all passport type.

o Armenia (on arrival)

o Cambodia (Visa on arrival - tourist for $20, business for $25)

o East Timor (Visa on arrival - $30)

o Hong Kong

o Indonesia

o Laos

o Macau

o Malaysia

o Maldives

o Oman (Visa on arrival - 6 Omani rial)

o Philippines

o Russia

+ Transnistria

+ Abkhazia

+ South Ossetia

o Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

o Burkina Faso (on arrival)

o Singapore

o South Africa

o Sri Lanka

o Vietnam

o Vanuatu (Extension of stay up to 4 months in any 1 year period possible)

o Tuvalu (on arrival for a stay of max. one month)

o Tonga (on arrival)

o Rwanda (on arrival provided passenger has applied for a visa through the website www.migration.gov.rw)

o Uganda

o Zambia

o Burundi

o Cape Verde (on arrival)

o Comoros

o Djibouti

o Mozambique

o Seychelles free for 1 month

o Tanzania

o Togo on arrival for max. 7

o Azerbaijan

o Georgia

o Tajikistan (on arrival)

o Dominica for stay of max. 21 days.

o Micronesia

o Niue

o Palau Islands on arrival for a stay of max. 30 days (extension possible).

o Marshall Islands (on arrival)

o Mongolia

* 15 days for all passport type.

o Bangladesh (Visa on arrival - $50, available at Zia Airport; diplomatic and official passport for 30-day visa-free)

* 14 days for all passport type.

o Brunei

o Bahrain (Visa on arrival cost 5 Bahraini dinar)

* Others

o Iran (1 week Visa on arrival)

o Jordan (Visa on arrival cost 10 Jordanian dinar)

o Maldives (Visa on arrival - 30 days)

o Papua New Guinea (Visa on arrival cost 100 PGK)

o Syria (Visa on arrival - payment)

o Togo (Visa on arrival - 7 days)

Edited by owen01

"Switzerland (For a traveller with valid Schengen visa only)"

IF you have a valid Schengen visa anyway, you can visit anywhere in Europe (within Schengen area eg France and Germany etc etc etc). It is free to anyone married to a UK citizen. We are looking into this for my Thai daughter-in-law and Thai family (family must apply in Bangkok and pay a fee).

I agree about Scotland - that is our Plan B, if they don't all get their Schengens in time.

IF you have a valid Schengen visa anyway, you can visit anywhere in Europe (within Schengen area eg France and Germany etc etc etc). It is free to anyone married to a UK citizen. We are looking into this for my Thai daughter-in-law and Thai family (family must apply in Bangkok and pay a fee).

I agree about Scotland - that is our Plan B, if they don't all get their Schengens in time.

You are talking about two things here. If you and your thai family want to go to the UK, they must have visa for UK (that includes Scotland by the way). They cannot enter UK on Schengen visas, Britain is in the EU but not a Schengen member.

You are talking about two things here. If you and your thai family want to go to the UK, they must have visa for UK (that includes Scotland by the way). They cannot enter UK on Schengen visas, Britain is in the EU but not a Schengen member.

Yes, I think everybody, well nearly everybody, realises that, the OP did talk about his families current home country of England.

Easiest place is to get a shengzen Visa, can stay anywhere in europe accept UK, irish and spanish embassies are the easiest to obtain.

One cannot obtain a Schengen visa from the Irish embassy because, like the UK, the Republic of Ireland is not a member state of the Schengen agreement.

A Schengen Visa is not free. And she must have a letter from some guarantor, that invite her and will pay the costs concerning the stay, unless she have the money for it herself. 

She must also have a valid health insurance, that covers all the Schengen countries for the 3 month stay. She must also have a return ticket.

Just contact your embassy, and you will find out. My wife is dealing with such things for people every day.

http://www.Nor-Service.com

Edited by bellste

A Schengen Visa is not free. And she must have a letter from some guarantor, that invite her and will pay the costs concerning the stay, unless she have the money for it herself. 

She must also have a valid health insurance, that covers all the Schengen countries for the 3 month stay. She must also have a return ticket.

Just contact your embassy, and you will find out. My wife is dealing with such things for people every day.

Well atleast for my wife it _is_ free, from the Finnish embassy, a standard Schengen visa, due to the fact that we are married. No need for insurance either, although it is a very good idea to have anyway. Will normally be granted without any hassle in a few days.

Well atleast for my wife it _is_ free, from the Finnish embassy, a standard Schengen visa, due to the fact that we are married. No need for insurance either, although it is a very good idea to have anyway. Will normally be granted without any hassle in a few days.

The Finnish Embassy  where?

Bangkok naturally :)

Edit: Actually I think it is free in all Finnish embassies for a person married to a Finnish national

No it is not. A Schengen Visa is a Tourist Visa, they don't care if you are married or not.

http://www.finland.or.th/public/default.as...p;culture=en-US

Edited by bellste

Edit: Actually I think it is free in all Finnish embassies for a person married to a Finnish national

No it is not.

EU/EEA - citizen's family members receive visa free of charge and they are not under an obligation to present a travel insurance.

source http://www.finland.or.th/public/default.as...p;culture=en-US

HTH

No it is not.

EU/EEA - citizen's family members receive visa free of charge and they are not under an obligation to present a travel insurance.

source http://www.finland.or.th/public/default.as...p;culture=en-US

HTH

I can not see that it say that, anywhere on your link. It say this;

"The visa processing fee is 60 euros and it is charged when the application is submitted. The fee shall be paid in Thai baht at the valid rate of exchange. The applicant pays the fee at the bank with the bank transfer form given from the Embassy. The processing fee is non-refundable."

Edited by bellste

Here's the link to the wikipedia page on Thai passports and countries, but I do not know how up to date this is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_passport

According to this list, anyone with a Thai passport is required to have a visa to visit Vietnam?

My Thai wife travels to Vietnam without a need for a visa and this as recent as 3 weeks ago (she also travels without a visa to other ASEAN member states such Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei but she has never travelled to Myanmar or Laos so those two countries we cannot confirm)

I can not see that it say that, anywhere on your link. It say this;

"The visa processing fee is 60 euros and it is charged when the application is submitted. The fee shall be paid in Thai baht at the valid rate of exchange. The applicant pays the fee at the bank with the bank transfer form given from the Embassy. The processing fee is non-refundable."

Just a humble suggestion, put on your reading glasses and scroll down about 15 lines, then you will see the quote I pasted.

The same information is also available from all Finnish embassy web pages from all countries, in english also. :)

Here's the link to the wikipedia page on Thai passports and countries, but I do not know how up to date this is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_passport

According to this list, anyone with a Thai passport is required to have a visa to visit Vietnam?

My Thai wife travels to Vietnam without a need for a visa and this as recent as 3 weeks ago (she also travels without a visa to other ASEAN member states such Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei but she has never travelled to Myanmar or Laos so those two countries we cannot confirm)

Yes, you are correct about that. But they can not travel to any country i the EU/EEA area, without a visa.

If the lady concerned, who is apparently now going to Egypt, is married to a non French EU National, she can travel to France, visa free, providing she is traveling with her husband, has a valid travel document and a valid UK residence permit with the endorsement "family member of EEA national" (this endorsement is compulsory to be visa exempted).

This is the relevant link, hope it helps.

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Family-member...n-European.html

Of course this would not have helped the OP as his children would have still required a visa.

May I respectfully make one more point, the OP, who lives in England with his family, was seeking advice on a holiday destination near England, and somebody suggests Vietnam!

To confirm; different conditions apply to Schengen visas if the applicant is the spouse or family member of an EU/EEA national. For example, no fee, no itinerary or confirmed bookings required etc.

See the website of the embassy concerned and the application form, where you will find

* The questions marked with * do not have to be answered by family members of EU or EEA citizens (spouse, child or dependent ascendant). Family members of EU or EEA citizens have to present documents to prove this relationship

(Source)

I dont see Thailand on the list, so I called my step daughter in Bangkok. She travels to many countries, representing the company she works for. She tells me, all the ASEAN countries have visa waive with each other. A little off topic, but thought I would share. Thai need no visa to travel to any ASEAN member country.

When I said a Schengen Visa was free to the spouse of a UK citizen, I meant a spouse in the same position as the OP's wife, and that of my Thai daughter-in-law: living in the UK with her husband on a spouse visa.

To repeat: she can get a Schengen visa free of charge because she is here in the UK and married to a UK citizen. Her family, living in Bangkok, have to apply for their Schengen Visas in Bangkok, at the relevant embassy (they are going for the German one) and they DO have to pay the fee.

If it is true that a Spanish Schengen is quicker to get than a German one (French reportedly very slow) I will suggest they try that. One advantage of a German one is that a member of the family in Bangkok works for a German company, and my British daughter lives permanently in Germany and can write them a letter of invitation. Don't know if this will help, but I throw it into the mix.

Edited by enquirer

• 10 months later...

STILL WORKING I SEE...ADVERTISING YOUR WOMAN'S WEBSITE