Rumours Of Killing Phone Calls Rife In Lampang

webfact

Interesting and nonsense, but still has something to it that raises the hairs up a little. Last night my Step

Daughter and wifes younger younger sister came home from school. Teacher told them the news and it is spreading. Call from the Mother in Law a little bit later warning us, she had heard about it 3 hours up the road. Wife looked in the internet, and warnings are posted. Wifes younger younger sister calls my wifes younger sister's appliance shop in Bkk to tell her of the warning, but he only thing is that the BKK Thais are already on alert. So what about deaf people?

So the answer is it is a diabolical plan by TOT and CAT to have all people swtich to only use land lines to be safe, thus inreasing their cash flow.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh geez.... Keep this junk in the Thai media please. No need for such silliness here.

Quite right keep it in the Thai media. I have been teaching Thai 'adults' English and for a recent class asked them to research news stories. I was expecting Haiti or something of that nature to be the topic but oh no! the news story that fascinated them and that they brought to class was about a Thai superstar called Pei who had been photographed on a motorcycle in Central and who may have flashed her knickers by accident.

With this kind of primitive thinking, dont ya just feel tempted to start a pyramid chain letter, you know the 5 names and move your name up one go and send 20 baht note x5 to.. Make it in Thai script, and make it culturally sensitive (wouldnt you like enough money to donate to the temple etc) maybe even make one or two of them Phra so and so..

You wonder if it wouldnt bring the Thai postal system to a halt in a week or two.. :)

Naam reported he had received the call, answered it and died!

How can you answer the call die and then report it?

Your question is proof that the body can continue to post in the absence of brain activity.

There's substantial evidence that this is not an isolated case.

If the people who took the phone call are dead, how does anyone know they were on the phone in the first place. The poor sod may have been having a heart attack anf been in the process of trying to ring an ambulance etc. Or does that sound too simple.........Okay i'll get my coat.

See also this topic:

Call From A Mobile Number Results In Death

--

Maestro

Mrs. Lman came back from the market in Chiang Rai with the same warning. She said that if the number was is red (how can that be?) and that the type of music playing was the type that they play at funerals then DO NOT SPEAK, if you do you're dead! Well, i've heard some rubbish in my time, but this one beats them all!

This is some silly joke right. I have never heard such nonsense in my life. I guess if I read and respond to this thread I will surely die also. I will let you know later if I died.

Edited by moetownblues

I find it hard to believe the amount of skeptics on this forum, so

For all you disbelievers this is a transcript of an actual phone call

'Hello?'

'Hi honey.

This is Daddy.

Is Mommy near the phone?' 'No, Daddy.

She's upstairs in the bedroom with Uncle Paul.'

After a brief pause, Daddy says,

'But honey, you haven't got an Uncle Paul.'

'Oh yes I do, and he's upstairs in the room with Mommy,

Right now.'

Brief Pause.

'Uh, okay then, this is what I want you to do.

Put the phone down on the table, run upstairs

And knock on the bedroom door and shout to Mommy

That Daddy's car just pulled into the driveway.'

'Okay, Daddy, Just a minute.'

A few minutes later

The little girl comes back to the phone.

'I did it, Daddy.'

'And what happened, honey?'

'Well, Mommy got all scared, jumped out of bed with no

clothes on and ran around screaming.

Then she tripped over the rug, hit her head on the dresser And now she isn't moving at all!'

'Oh my Gosh!!! What about your Uncle Paul?'

'He jumped out of the bed with no clothes on, too. He was all scared and he jumped out of the back window

And into the swimming pool. But I guess he didn't know that you took out the water Last week to clean it.

He hit the bottom of the pool and I think he's dead.'

Long Pause Longer Pause Even Longer Pause

Then Daddy says,

'Swimming pool? ...........

Is this 02486-5**1?

No, I think you have the wrong number.....

:)

That joke has been going around for years

If the people who took the phone call are dead, how does anyone know they were on the phone in the first place. The poor sod may have been having a heart attack anf been in the process of trying to ring an ambulance etc. Or does that sound too simple.........Okay i'll get my coat.

not too hard, look at the received calls menu, not too hard ...

my cat just died!!!

the cell phone was set to auto answer after 3 rings, it was on the

coffee table and the cat was sleeping on the couch next to it, she

must have meowed into it when it auto answered.... i was upstairs.

the last number received was the evil number, and it was RED! i dont

know how its possible.

RIP snuggles....

Oh geez.... Keep this junk in the Thai media please. No need for such silliness here.

Actually, I think it is good that everybody learn just how bad the nonsense is here sometimes. It helps to counter pro-democracy arguments too. :)

Why doesn't the responsible media put these rumors to bed. Publish a front story of a Hoax. Have the news channels do the same.

The media is part of the problem by not telling the truth. Why let this go on and scare more people?

I talked to my wife last night and she told me this story through her mother.

What about being electricuted while on the mobile phone during a thunder storm? Another one..

These stories are very frustrating especially when people you know are intelligent still believe without thinking logicaly if it is possible.

The media and gov have a responsibility to put these rumors to bed.

Someone has a sense of humour - just ckicked on the page and the advert at the top was Bangkok Airways offering flights to Lampang!

Ah, but did you notice they were ONE WAY flights?

Gulp!

I have made my booking and just received an SMS confirmation from number 08 33 ... Aaargh!!!

If only someone would start a rumour that watching Thai "lakorns" would turn you into a brainless zombie, it might increase Thai productivity by about 40%.

You can be sure the tv channels wouldn't broadcast THAT rumour

If only someone would start a rumour that watching Thai "lakorns" would turn you into a brainless zombie, it might increase Thai productivity by about 40%.

It's not a rumour, it's a fact! :)

Edited by GuyL

That silliness was running on Thai TV last night and did indeed scare the hel_l out of a lot of people including my daughters. So, why kill the messenger?

Because you don't like the news?

Because the story is a non-story. Actually, it's a story to us because it gives us all a good laugh. (I just realized, if this were a horror flick, I think I would be the first to get the call and be killed!)

I would bet the way this urban legend got started is the same way most do, which a shred of truth. I think there was some mass text or promotional call put out to tens of thousands of mobiles, and since people die at alarming rates in this country, it only takes two to have randomly died after getting the call then the connection made with the phone number!

Ockhams razor: "The simplest answer is usually the correct answer."

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Meanwhile, chairman of the tambon Hua Muang administrative organisation said Chamnan Liabloke said such rumours were spreading in several other districts as well. However, he added, there were no records of anybody dying in a mysterious manner recently.

Maybe there's a clue to all this in the guys name..? :D:D:)

That's not true, this subject is being discussed in a separate thread and Naam reported he had received the call, answered it and died!

Yes this is very worrying - especially as Naam has confirmed his own death - so we should take all this very seriously and dont speak if the number is in red...also if you start uncontrollable bleeding from all your orifices, please immediately log into Thai Visa and let us know. Can anyone check with those three dead people in Doi Nowhere and ask if they really actually answered the call or if seeing the number was all it takes... I think a full investigation is required and we should have further consultation with Mr LiaMan to get it absolutely clear as to who we have to pay and how much...

Its a good thing we have ThaiVisa....

Someone has a sense of humour - just ckicked on the page and the advert at the top was Bangkok Airways offering flights to Lampang!

Ah, but did you notice they were ONE WAY flights?

Gulp!

I have made my booking and just received an SMS confirmation from number 08 33 ... Aaargh!!!

So I guess the beers on Friday are off... hello...? ...hello?....... hmmm

Meanwhile, chairman of the tambon Hua Muang administrative organisation said Chamnan Liabloke said such rumours were spreading in several other districts as well. However, he added, there were no records of anybody dying in a mysterious manner recently.

Maybe there's a clue to all this in the guys name..? :D:D:)

That's not true, this subject is being discussed in a separate thread and Naam reported he had received the call, answered it and died!

i hereby confirm that it was definitely the call that killed me. what else could it have been? later my wife told me that although more than an hour had passed after i was killed liquids of different colours were oozing from my various orifices. one had the distinct flavour of Port Wine. now they are drying me out because the crematorium wouldn't accept a body with a high alcohol content.

p.s. please keep your fingers crossed that all goes well. i would be quite embarrassed causing an explosion.

Why doesn't the responsible media put these rumors to bed. Publish a front story of a Hoax. Have the news channels do the same.

The media is part of the problem by not telling the truth. Why let this go on and scare more people?

Because they probably believe it !!

You seen the 'ghost detection shows' with the little 'ghost-o-meter' ?? I asked the wife OK so if thats a real device what is it actually sensing ?? Answer ghosts !! I gave up at that point !!

What about being electricuted while on the mobile phone during a thunder storm? Another one..

Apparently I am much more risk because I have an earing !!