Non Im O Visa Run

Hi there,

Just a quick one, I think I have to do a visa run next week as the date is coming up. I have a valid non immigrant o visa currently so I'm assuming a border cross is all that's required? What's the easiest option, go to Ranong from Phuket or Malay from Ao Nang. Basically I'm going to be in either one of those places next week depending on what's easiest...

Thanks in advance

Rich

As long as your Non-Immigrant visa is multiple entry, a border run (anywhere) will give you a new 90 day permission to stay on re-entry (or 12 months if hold multiple entry Non O-A visa). You need to make sure you are stamped in/out of the visiting country.

Okay sounds great. So am I right in thinking it's this easy:

Get a government bus from Phuket bus station to Rangong

Get a songthaew to Saphan Pla

Go to the immigration office there to get stamped out of the country

Hop on a long tale to myanmar pay the $10 entry fee

Return to ranong

Back to Thai immigration to get new stamp

Thanks again

Rich

I have just done my 1st visa run from Phuket taking the 1500 Baht all in trip to Ranong.

All went smoothly though it was a 13 hour day. I dont think taking a bus from the bus station will mean you can do it in 1 day. Even with our mini bus and the driver going fast it took 13 hours. The advantages of doing a package are that you have help at every step. You get a guide for the day who helps you at Thai immigration which was important as 1 guy with an 'O' was given just 2 weeks extension instead of 3 months.

In Myanmar you also get help but I think that is available for all people as there seemed to be more helpers than foreigners. You get 2 meals included as well and they are decent meals. All in all our 1st visa run went well. If you are in Phuket then just look for the Visa run roadside adverts and sign up.