30 Thai Doctors Infected With Type-A H1N1 Virus

webfact

Breaking News:

30 doctors infected with Type-A H1N1 virus

BANGKOK: -- As some 30 doctors nationwide were infected by Type A H1N1 influenza, Public Health Minister Jurin Laksanawisit prepared to get the flu vaccine on Monday, as to encourage more at-risk people to get vaccinated.

Following the estimation of 30 doctors infected with the virus, Jurin told a press conference Thursday that he had instructed hospitals to beef up their flu patient screening measure, have all infected doctors rested at home until they fully recovered, and spray disinfectant at medical operation rooms.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-01-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Tired of your local bank? Switch now.

http://www.thaivisa.com/hsbc

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Following the estimation of 30 doctors infected with the virus

So just a random number plucked from thin air then ??

Probably quite few in comparison to 711 counter staff. It must be near impossible to make a more accurate estimate as these are invisible little bugs (virii) and who knows which doctor caught swine-flu at the 711 store in their lunch hour? Moreover who knows how many passed it on to the 711 counter staff in their next lunch hour? :)

If this is the outcome of a nationwide check, there is nothing new under the sun. Infection rates are expected to be about equal in comparison with the general population. The incompetence of the Public Health ministry is becoming clearer by the day. People could see this story as if Thai doctors would take no precautions to get themselves infected. Infections could have been contracted anywhere.

that's some interesting stuff right there. Some 30 doctors, how vague. I wonder if they all had their flu vaccine? Are they staying out of the sun and trying to make their skin white? That will kill the immune system. Sterilizing operating rooms, that's a novel concept. This is just too weird to be news, I almost don't believe it. Someones up to something somewhere. :)

Everything in medicine is 30.

30b healthcare

30 doctors infected with H1N1

There are 30 symptoms relating to contracting a broken leg

The human body has 30 bones

Her bulging bossoms seemed barely contained in the sensual sheer lace wonder bra, that saw her cleavage spilling over the top of the pink silk 30C triumph under garments

30% of the populace have been diagnosed as having imminent death syndrome

The IQ of the average minister of health excluding their assistants such as Mr Happy Toilet is 30

The death toll from traffic accidents averages 30 people per day

The number of glasses of water that the average person should drink each day is 30.

There are 30 essential vitamins and minerals required daily.

It is a golden rule of medicine. Alongside the best cure for any disease being some combination of antibiotics and holding a piece of paper over your head in the sun plus wearing a sweater back to front in aircon rooms.

I teach gynocology at a leading university; no real degree, but as I say to clients, I'll look into it for you.

Edited by steveromagnino

I like the bit where they said the 30 doctors are now resting at home until fully recovered, they have a dam_n long wait on their hands then.I doubt the spraying of disinfectant will help matters at all, as this is an airborn virus that normal medicines does not effect it.

Edited by INTLMEDICS

I like the bit where they said the 30 doctors are now resting at home until fully recovered, they have a dam_n long wait on their hands then.

I had a quick read through the swine-flu subforum on this site this morning, for I've never had any of the preliminary symptoms described in an explanation by one member who caught it in mid/late November last year, in over 12 months total time in this part of Thailand, and felt a lot worse than I'd expect from the few beers I drank last night, so I reckon I might have caught it.

Although the intermittent headaches and sneezing fits, and mild sore throats have been around for two or three days now, this morning was the first day I woke up and realised that I've got the 'flu rather seriously, and I've got to ride to the border next Thursday morning, so how long does this thing last, and should I instead head down to Maptaphut for a 30 day extension until the head clears enough for long-distance riding?

lol i wouldn't doubt it is a random number and a ficticious story. my wife's school forced all teachers to get this vaccine. this story is likely the Health Depts manipulation to get people to want the vaccine.

Thailand plays more mind games on its people than any western country. i thought the US was bad..

LOL more BS propaganda! How many doctors get regular flu? sure it's more... I just can't wait when they start getting the first people with side effects coming forward crying about it... All I'll say is TOLD YOU!

Taking into consideration the fact that the government made it impossible for anyone to sue the manufacturer of the vaccine one has to really wonder why they'd do such thing??? Cause they know the shit isn't safe...

lol i wouldn't doubt it is a random number and a ficticious story. my wife's school forced all teachers to get this vaccine. this story is likely the Health Depts manipulation to get people to want the vaccine.

Thailand plays more mind games on its people than any western country. i thought the US was bad..

I think highly possible. Also, with the vaccine's potential "side effects", why would anyone (after a second of thought) think taking the vaccine is a good idea? I've heard researchers say the swine flu is now weaker than the seasonal flu. How much of the statistics by sources such as Fox News etc., should one actually believe? I'm quite happy eating healthy and exercising etc, I haven't been sick for over 2 years since I stopped eating fast/man made food.

quote.......The great swine flu hoax of 2009 is now falling apart at the seams as one country after another unloads hundreds of millions of doses of unused swine flu vaccines. No informed person wants the injection anymore, and the entire fear-based campaign to promote the vaccines has now been exposed as outright quackery and propaganda.

Even doctors are now calling the pandemic a complete hoax. As reported on FoxNews, Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg, a leading health authority in Europe, says that drug companies "organized a 'campaign of panic' to put pressure on the World Health Organization (WHO) to declare a pandemic. He believes it is 'one of the greatest medicine scandals of the century,' and he has called for an inquiry." .....end quote mike adams

It is already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt this is all about Big Pharma collecting a pay day. Media hype, keep the money rolling in from stupid Govt's who wish to appear to be helping the populace in general. Ask Donal Rumsfeld and look into his connections for the USD50BN in their plan. The 30 doctors should be disbarred as accessories to conspiracy. Idiots all. :)

over production of the vaccine has led to a world glut and so they need to flog off the excess somewhere

might as well be Thailand

ITS A COLD

get over it

They should take good care of where they market their vaccines, for it is illegal to smuggle drugs in some countries, and some of these profiteers could face long jail time or short executions of caught with such contraband.

Yes I agree but this is Thailand all the stats are plucked from nowhere. These are doctors so I am sure the health dept would have exact figures somewhere.

Yes I agree but this is Thailand all the stats are plucked from nowhere. These are doctors so I am sure the health dept would have exact figures somewhere.

They would have had to have locked every one of those 30 doctors, (as well as their workmates who DIDN'T get it) in padded-cells for the past year to determine exact figures. What would you estimate the chances of that would have been? :)

Oh, come on.

We have the same problem in my country. The government order to far to many doses of vaccine and dont know how to get rid of them.

But in my country the government have to be careful about funny jokes. :)

# All very typical of the state of intelligence we come to expect from government departments and pollititions.

# Normal poor reporting from The Nation

"politicians This is what expect of ALL politicians in every country in the world. They are a bunch of shysters, theives, liars, scum of the earth. Control the information, you control the people. Theft by Government is necessary to achieve the most Power & Influence. Hence, being a "good" politician must always be dishonest and involve theft.

Rulers are men accustomed to gaining and using Power. Those who rule tend to be overly aggressive, rapacious, hard-nosed, opportunistic, pragmatic, cruel, violent and manipulative.

The issue today is the same as it has been throughout history, whether man shall be allowed to rule himself or be ruled by a small elite.

Even doctors are now calling the pandemic a complete hoax. As reported on FoxNews, Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg, a leading health authority in Europe, says that drug companies "organized a 'campaign of panic' to put pressure on the World Health Organization (WHO) to declare a pandemic. He believes it is 'one of the greatest medicine scandals of the century,' and he has called for an inquiry." .....end quote mike adams

... As reported on FOX News... Now that is a "FACT I can take to the bank... Same as them being a "Fair and Balanced Network"... Or even calling their tabloid reporting "THE NEWS"....

I'm going to go throw up now... :)

CS

Only 30'ish/kinda/roughly ad nauseam/(insert number here)......sounds more like a lottery guess :)

Khon Mor should naturally be aware of, and take necessary precautions against H1N1, whatever..... afraid it's a no-news story IMO :D

rgdz, Brewsta