Buying A Part Of A Plot

Very easy.

Get the plot 'cut' at the Land Office. If it's not chanote title, may as well get it upgraded at the same time. They'll send surveyors out to mark the new boundaries, and the LO will (eventually!) create 2 new title deeds, one for your bit, and a new one for the remaining bit. There wil be fees etc involved, but not important of you want the land.

Very easy.

Get the plot 'cut' at the Land Office. If it's not chanote title, may as well get it upgraded at the same time. They'll send surveyors out to mark the new boundaries, and the LO will (eventually!) create 2 new title deeds, one for your bit, and a new one for the remaining bit. There wil be fees etc involved, but not important of you want the land.

Thanks for the help any idea how long this will take yes I know TIT but are we talking weeks, months or years

Before persuing any further, I would check to see what type of title deed this land has, and what is written on the back of the title deed.

Why what do I have to worry about I have the title deeds to my plot which had already been split up into 8 smaller plots by the last owner which means that I have 9 deeds all have a red phoenix on the top to add a bit more detail both plots were brought at the same time by the family 14 years ago (guessing what the deeds say ) but my present plot was sold about 5 years ago and we purchased it 18 months ago can you tell me what I have to be careful about

Before persuing any further, I would check to see what type of title deed this land has, and what is written on the back of the title deed.

Why what do I have to worry about I have the title deeds to my plot which had already been split up into 8 smaller plots by the last owner which means that I have 9 deeds all have a red phoenix on the top to add a bit more detail both plots were brought at the same time by the family 14 years ago (guessing what the deeds say ) but my present plot was sold about 5 years ago and we purchased it 18 months ago can you tell me what I have to be careful about

Sounds like the land you already have is full chanote, but we arent talking about what you have, we are talking about what you intend to buy.

What title deeds does the land you intend to buy have?

Do you know what Sor Por Kor 4-01 is?

Do you know what Nor Sor 3 is?

How do you know the land you are about to buy has no restrictions on it?

Why would you want to buy land the family already own?

Sounds like the land you already have is full chanote, but we arent talking about what you have, we are talking about what you intend to buy.

What title deeds does the land you intend to buy have?

Do you know what Sor Por Kor 4-01 is?

Do you know what Nor Sor 3 is?

How do you know the land you are about to buy has no restrictions on it?

Why would you want to buy land the family already own?

The answer to most of your questions are I do not know

The story is the father owned the land 11 Rai he split it up into 4 plots with 1 Rai left over and gave 1 plot each to his daughters the plot we have now was sold by 1 of his daughter and split up by the new owner his daughter in the next plot to us is in money problems since her husband was disabled by an accident so to get out of debt she offered the land to us the bank has the deeds at the moment so I cannot see them all the plots are marked up and has numbered disc on it I was guessing that the plot that we are on was OK to be split up and the original 11 Rai of land was split up so it would be OK to spilt the new plot up but I will see

I want to buy the land so that we can leave some land for our children

I am also buying 1 Rai from the Father which is next to the land that we are buying and has no money owed on it so I should be able to see the deeds on his land which might give me an idea of what deeds the plot I am buying has because they were all split up at the same time

I must add that it is not for a lot of money and I have taken note of a recommendation of a poster here about not investing any more than I can afford to lose

Even if you can read the title deed its only as good as when it was issued.

Only the land office can confirm the current details (including encumbrances) for a title.

Beyond that you may also wish to satisfy yourself as to what land the title precisely relates to.

Also you may wish to investigate what restrictions on use there may be on that plot which may not apply to even its very next neighbour.

Etc., etc., etc.

The scale of what dilligence you feel is 'due' is entirely up to you.

However sub divisions into 10 or more plots sometimes require more hoops to be jumped through which may apply even where the other split to 9 was in the past so this may be an additional issue.

Even if you can read the title deed its only as good as when it was issued.

Only the land office can confirm the current details (including encumbrances) for a title.

Beyond that you may also wish to satisfy yourself as to what land the title precisely relates to.

Also you may wish to investigate what restrictions on use there may be on that plot which may not apply to even its very next neighbour.

Etc., etc., etc.

The scale of what dilligence you feel is 'due' is entirely up to you.

However sub divisions into 10 or more plots sometimes require more hoops to be jumped through which may apply even where the other split to 9 was in the past so this may be an additional issue.

I am going to have to gamble a bit because the deeds are in the hands of the bank so I am going to have lend the sister the money to get them released as for splitting the plot up I have no intention of doing this I am more incline to bring the 9 plots into 1 again there are only 2 children involved so if I can sort them out into 2 plots that will be OK for us