Carrefour Rumour

tvaddict

I've heard recently, from a reputable source, that the land opposite Tesco Lotus, where the market is based, has just been sold to the Carrefour company.

I think Carrefour own Home Pro and maybe some other brands too - so I wander what is on it's way.

Expect a new shop in 2 years time.

• 6 months later...

long ball- recent news that carrefour is selling up its Thai assets does not mean the purchase was just a rumour

it does mean however that carrefour would need to sell the land to another buyer - perhaps if Big C buy the Carrefour assets as is the opinion of many we'll end up with a Big C in Ban Chang

long ball- recent news that carrefour is selling up its Thai assets does not mean the purchase was just a rumour

it does mean however that carrefour would need to sell the land to another buyer - perhaps if Big C buy the Carrefour assets as is the opinion of many we'll end up with a Big C in Ban Chang

I hope you're right and maybe Big C will buy it. Wait and see I guess. It would seem like this area (BC) is due for some other retailer to come in. Growth here is steady and the area could use another big box type store

• 5 months later...

Update on the news of a possible BIg C is that voices representing the local community shop owners opposed the building of this type of big mall type shop and so there will now be nothing of this type coming to Ban Chang.

However the following is happening - a new Central department store is about to be built on the bypass road nearly opposite the Big C in Rayong and also the beaches in Ban Chang are soon to have some development to stop the sea washing away and moving the sand up along the coast line - this will involve the building of some barriers in the water similar to those on Rayong beach. This may lead to further development later of the beaches, Pala, Payoon, Namrin in the hope that more visitors are coming in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Extremely unlikely as C/F are moving out of Thailand and most of S.E. asia - they have sold their stores to Big C.

Home pro is Thai owned.

posts 7 and 9 already comment on that news - maybe you didn't read all the posts!

...or maybe the posts didn't appear, or maybe I read them and didn't care...it will remain a mystery forever.What also is a mystery is why you bothered to post at all.

Extremely unlikely as C/F are moving out of Thailand and most of S.E. asia - they have sold their stores to Big C.

Home pro is Thai owned.

posts 7 and 9 already comment on that news - maybe you didn't read all the posts!

...or maybe the posts didn't appear, or maybe I read them and didn't care...it will remain a mystery forever.What also is a mystery is why you bothered to post at all.

BTW - I repeat - They have sold the stores to BIG C - deffo - no rumours - OK?

Edited by Deeral

Home pro is Thai owned.

So will homepro now be owned by Big C :whistling:

Home pro is Thai owned.

So will homepro now be owned by Big C :whistling:

as far as I'm aware they are a Thai-owned company and a separate entity and therefore an independent issue - what deal they have done I don't know.

If you go to any C/F you will see a big sign out side explaining the deal and the future arrangements - e.g. honoring of C/F coupons etc.....

Edited by Deeral

Deeral- do you always start from a position of assuming other people are morons and make up rubbish?

not quite sure why you repeat that Big C has bought Carrefour as though you are breaking the news

it's now February and I already commented on this in August- it's not news anymore

perhaps you would be interested to know this 'rumour' was from the amphur land office as is my latest info about Central coming in Rayong which was told to me by a high ranking official in local government

if you are a local retail business owner you will also know of the opposition to the development of a mall type establishment here

could you now please be a bit more polite in future posts?

Deeral- do you always start from a position of assuming other people are morons and make up rubbish?

not quite sure why you repeat that Big C has bought Carrefour as though you are breaking the news

it's now February and I already commented on this in August- it's not news anymore

perhaps you would be interested to know this 'rumour' was from the amphur land office as is my latest info about Central coming in Rayong which was told to me by a high ranking official in local government

if you are a local retail business owner you will also know of the opposition to the development of a mall type establishment here

could you now please be a bit more polite in future posts?

If those are the only comments of mine you see I'll let you draw your own conclusion. others may see things differently.

I'm so impressed that you know a "high-ranking official" and have clearly an uncritical faith in his/her ability to give you accurate info. TIT!