Trip To Thailand Whilst On UK Ilr

Hi All

My wife is on her 2 year ILR settlement visa and has been in the UK since June 16th of last year.

In February, she plans to return to Thailand for a 4 - 5 week visit with our new baby girl for the purposes of introducing her to her family etc..

Are there any limitations to this considering her settlement visa ? Can she travel, does she need to notify anyone ? Does she need some kind of re-entry permit ?

Any guidance will be very much appreciated.

Best wishes to all.

Tango7

ILR is Indefinite Leave to Remain, and is the stage after the 2 year settlement visa.

One is, of course, allowed holidays out of the UK during the two years; the only proviso being that when one does apply for ILR the applicant will need to demonstrate that they are normally resident in the UK; difficult to do is one spends more time out of the UK than in!

A few weeks away each year will definitely not be a problem.

She does not need to notify anyone.

Settlement visas are multi entry, so that will allow her back into the UK.

ILR is Indefinite Leave to Remain, and is the stage after the 2 year settlement visa.

One is, of course, allowed holidays out of the UK during the two years; the only proviso being that when one does apply for ILR the applicant will need to demonstrate that they are normally resident in the UK; difficult to do is one spends more time out of the UK than in!

A few weeks away each year will definitely not be a problem.

She does not need to notify anyone.

Settlement visas are multi entry, so that will allow her back into the UK.

Many thanks 7 by 7

Yes, my wife is on the 2 year settlement visa and will only spend a short while out of the UK.

By the way, I have Church of Hawkwind .... LP... mint condition if you are interested :-)

One point to remember is that if she intends to apply for British citizenship when qualified there is a limit to the amount of time spent outside the UK. Namely during the three years prior to the application for citizenship she must have spent no more than 270 days in total out of the UK with a maximum of 90 days in the final year.

Thanks for the offer, but it's already in my collection.

One point to remember is that if she intends to apply for British citizenship when qualified there is a limit to the amount of time spent outside the UK. Namely during the three years prior to the application for citizenship she must have spent no more than 270 days in total out of the UK with a maximum of 90 days in the final year.

Thanks for the offer, but it's already in my collection.

All good information and noted with thanks.

How about Choose Your Masques.. Sonic Attack or Roadhawks ? all mint, gate fold for Roadhawks ? If you are missing any, let me know. I have the lot ( I think )