Thai Lady Legally Married To Uk Citizen

Any help greatly appreciated guys, some one has just thrown a spanner in the works. they have stated that now my Thai wife has married me , a UK citizen and taken my sir name she she can no longer purchase land in Thailand. Despite the fact that she has been living in the UK paying tax and Ni cons, Ie prove where the funds have come from. The house purchase would be cash with no mortgage. as a side note, some one also stated that now she is married to a farang she has lost her voting rights. thanks for any input. Micky.

There is no reason that she cannot buy land.

At the land office you have to sign a form stating that the money is her money and you will have no claim to the land.

Lite Beer is totaly correct. Someone is talking about something that they know nothing about.

At the land office you have to sign a form stating that the money is her money and you will have no claim to the land.

Correct we/she has 3 properties in her married name. There is a positive side as well. In a moment of extreme weakness I let TW 'lend' one of the chanots to a cousin so as they could borrow money from a bank for him to work overseas. Because the title had a Farang name on it I had to sigh documents at the Amphur office before the bank would accept it.

When does this have to be done?

We bought a house last year, but had to leave Thailand before everything was completed so the house is currently registered in my step-son's name.

My wife will be going to Thailand in February and intends to change the registration while there; but work means I cannot go with her.

Can she change the registration now and I sign the form later?

Can I download the form anywhere so I can sign it in the UK and she take it with her?

Should we wait until we both go in August and do it then?

The money was from my father's estate and was willed by him to both of us. It was transferred from our joint UK bank account to my step-son's Thai bank account. Does this meet the requirement that it be her money? Do we need to provide any evidence that it is her money, or will they accept our word?

Thanks.

When does this have to be done?

All I know is that when my Wife registered the land at the land office, I had to go with her and sign the form. She also had to take a copy of the Marriage Certificate.

Can't help anymore sorry.

Have a look here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Land-Office-...93#entry3285793

If your not in Thailand you can sign it at the nearest Thai embassy. Bit legwork but can be done.

- land office in Thailand will give your wife a form

- you outside sign it at lawyer or notary office so that they stamp and whittness your signature

- Thai embassy then verifies the signatures and stamps the forms

- then it get's sent to land office in Thailand and all done

Now this is what Singapore embassy told me last week. Might be different in other embassies.