have

>one less letter.

>

>There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the

>troublesome "ph" will be replaced with the "f". This will make words

>fotograf 20% shorter.

>

>In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted

>to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible.

>

>Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have

>always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the

horibl

>mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go

away.

>

>By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th"

>with z" and "w" with "v".

>

>During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords

kontaining

>"ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensibl riten styl.

>Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu

>understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru.

>

>If zis mad yu smil, pleas pas it on to oza pepl

Mr Vietnam  ???

I wonder IF any of your (U.S.) presidents ever had that good knowledge in ANY kind of 2nd language (never ever heard Bush or Clinton or whoever talking french, german, italian...).

Instead of joking about A.S. you should respect him as some kind of model by means of emigrating to another country and reaching that far as he obviously did. Will you ever have that possibilities in Los? I doubt. Leaving austria with almost nothing, but eager and consequent enough to learn a different language is something I do respect very well. But ok, you expats seem to have different points of view, living soooo close to Cal. right now...

I wonder IF any of your (U.S.) presidents ever had that good knowledge in ANY kind of 2nd language....

I guess so, Texan drawl and....

As for A.S. I think a few jokes are ok. He is new, lot's of people expect something and he got a lot of work to do.

California has a few minor problems with the budget among many other things.

Give him his first 100 days and respect later, once he earned it. (Didn't we have this somewhere else already?)

In LoS we had one farang, before my time, who made it to the prime minister, as we would call it today. That was a few years back, called him Phaulcon of Siam.

Axel....and that poor Greek Phaulcon was executed for his trouble. " Off with his head " they said.

May be a harsh punishment, but than let's see.

Comparing the new California gorvernor with the Phaulcon of Siam, who

as a Greek arrived on an English vessel. Probably not carrying a visa and no sailor's pass. Perhaps he got a landing visa or a tourist exemption, valid until the next ship sails, i.e. 1 year or so. No work permitted!

He learned the language as spoken at Siam's court.

Subsequently came to honour that allowed him to travel on an armchair made of pure silver.

No permission issued by the vehicle- or traffic-office!

Also worked at Ayuthaya-court, I assume against all rules shown in his visa and worse, he conspired with de Forgues, commandant of the Bangkok-fortress and as French being the enemy of England. (Only at that time, of course)

The conspiration included to eliminate Petratja and others and to put Monpi or himself in the Royal chair. Now this is absolutely against any conditions shown in work permits.

So Petratja showed him the immigration laws (he'd already thrown him Monpi's head at his feet)

I believe, on this day, May 19, 1659, his visa was revoked and he was thrown into the IDC where he was tormented for 14 days.

On the 15th day, he was allowed to travel past his house to let him see the destroyed splendour and his wife in chains.

Now here again, as a farang he had aquired land and house. Aginst all laws! Khun wife no longer let him kiss her nor his children (the elder already dead) and tried not to know him anymore. This probably had to do with the fact that Petratja had replaced the silver chair with one made of cow dung.

So much for his previous efforts to pay for the sick buffalo. So on went Constantin Phaulcon to the court of justice, where he first lost his head and than his life.

Why I bring this story here? To show you the perils of taken public office on foreign shores. Worst offence possible, no proper Visa, no vehicle-papers, no work-permit!

A.S. has a chance to survive, a) he does not speak the language as spoken at court. :o In California there is no king.

He must be careful, however, the laws do not allow a foreign-born to eye for the chair in D.C. While his passport should be ok, his WP does not allow him to become president, or does it?

Cmon now Axel, now everybody knows it's a "free" country! That is as long as he runs as a republican or democrat, he just may be allowed to run for anything he can afford!

Now if real changes to the power structure could be attained thru voting.......well then voting would just have to be made illegal. To keep everyone "safe" of course. For "freedom".

So for now, no worries mate as they say!

Mr Vietnam  ???