Thaksin To Set Up Govt In Exile If Coup Staged

webfact

You say that it is possible to buy the end voters can you explain how that is possible? If I give farmer Nok 200 Baht to vote for me how do I know that he will? I can't look over his shoulder to make sure that he does so because there are now international observers.

False, there are no international observers at the past election and both the recent past election and the ones before have reported issues with non-shielded booths etc in many locations.

I don't understand why you say the Red Shirts haven't gone after the Alpine golf course scandal because they have at least that's what was in my newspapers.

Please provide a source and news-link that such an action has been carried out.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In this case they require a general election.

I think you know why we will not get one now or in the near future, and that certainly seems to corroborate the continuing popularity of Thaksinomics, especially in the NE.

There are a number of reasons why "we" will not get a general election now, or in the near future, not the least of which is there is no legal reason for one. Some more?

-It would be criminal, given the current situation, to stir things up by calling for an election in which no side is able to freely campaign throughout the country. Despite my asking the "elections at all costs" brigade a number of times, I have yet to get any answer as to how elections could be fairly held right now.

-Arguably, the most important legal decision for a number of years will be made public next month. Why destabilise what is already looking like being a difficult time, by dissolving parliament?

-Thanks to good works by an internationally recognised finance minister, the current government have brought the country through, hopefully, the worst of the recession. But it's not over yet. The country doesn't need the turmoil of a dissolved parliament and elections right now.

-If, as we are for ever told here, the PPP would resoundingly win, then what does Abhisit have to gain by calling elections? I personally think we'd end up with roughly the same people in parliament as we currently have, but say the PPP would win. Why should any sitting PM call elections when he's not ready for them?

Now, could anyone please put forward an argument as to why elections are necessary right now, and a method to ensure said elections would be free, fair and the results respected by all sides?

Totaly agree with your points!

In this case they require a general election.

I think you know why we will not get one now or in the near future, and that certainly seems to corroborate the continuing popularity of Thaksinomics, especially in the NE.

There are a number of reasons why "we" will not get a general election now, or in the near future, not the least of which is there is no legal reason for one. Some more?

-It would be criminal, given the current situation, to stir things up by calling for an election in which no side is able to freely campaign throughout the country. Despite my asking the "elections at all costs" brigade a number of times, I have yet to get any answer as to how elections could be fairly held right now.

-Arguably, the most important legal decision for a number of years will be made public next month. Why destabilise what is already looking like being a difficult time, by dissolving parliament?

-Thanks to good works by an internationally recognised finance minister, the current government have brought the country through, hopefully, the worst of the recession. But it's not over yet. The country doesn't need the turmoil of a dissolved parliament and elections right now.

-If, as we are for ever told here, the PPP would resoundingly win, then what does Abhisit have to gain by calling elections? I personally think we'd end up with roughly the same people in parliament as we currently have, but say the PPP would win. Why should any sitting PM call elections when he's not ready for them?

Now, could anyone please put forward an argument as to why elections are necessary right now, and a method to ensure said elections would be free, fair and the results respected by all sides?

Simple question, if coalition members don't all vote as a block, does this automatically spark a vote of no confidence?

I only ask because whilst people have parroted that Thailand has a system like the UK, should this occur in the UK parliament it would be quickly followed by a vote of no-confidence and the very rapid setting of a general election.

Horse trading with banned politicians is never necessary, unless there's no other possible way to win, and it is never ethical. :)

A Thaksin-fan that proclaims that talking to a banned politician is unethical. Irony.

I suppose Newin wasn't banned when he [his MPs] was dealing inside PPP. Oh, wait...he was. Irony.

Simple question, if coalition members don't all vote as a block, does this automatically spark a vote of no confidence?

I would hope not, since that would be un-democratic.

Every MP should be allowed to vote in accordance to his or her personal belief, as mandated to him/her via the election to the post as MP from his/her constituency.

You say that it is possible to buy the end voters can you explain how that is possible? If I give farmer Nok 200 Baht to vote for me how do I know that he will? I can't look over his shoulder to make sure that he does so because there are now international observers.

False, there are no international observers at the past election and both the recent past election and the ones before have reported issues with non-shielded booths etc in many locations.

Farmer Nok will very definitely vote as instructed by the paymaster, he would be very frightened to not do so. Thai colleagues told me years ago that local farmers are told all sorts of crap about how things can be checked including stuff about ghosts checking etc etc. And in their innocence and lack of knowledge about the mechanisms they believe it.

I don't understand why you say the Red Shirts haven't gone after the Alpine golf course scandal because they have at least that's what was in my newspapers.

Please provide a source and news-link that such an action has been carried out.

Why would the red shirts go to the Alpine housing/golf complex and protest. This venue was developed by a thaksin development company after they bought the ill-gotten temple land from another scaly politician who's name starts with S. Given this, surely you don't think the red shirts will accuse the Alpine developers of malfeance / stealing temple land etc?

Weirdly enough Thakasin may get credit in history for opening the door to political modernization,

both as a new look at the world, and as the obvious reason to replace his old school side.

He took on the world as a business proposition but with dinosaur ethics,

and in doing it like that also made it so obvious that Thailand now need

Intelligent, Respectable, Competent, Honestly leaning leadership.

Without Thaksin before him Abhisit would likely not have stood a chance.

Sondhi was Thaksin's Phi Krasu or doppleganger; (Evil begat by evil to counteract it?),

but Abhisit is his through the looking glass opposite.

- Interesting points. I agree.

- And I hope that PM Abhisit can hang in there for a long time. I believe he and Khun korn will be the main force which get's Thailand into a new picture of modern politics.

- Is it going to be smooth? No.

- Even if Abhisit and Korn and possible several more capable, honest and sincere people win the next election it will be a long long time before the current leeches and thieves are driven out and before we see large changes in attitudes to ethics.

- Will they ever be driven out forever? No. Not in any country, just look at the recent disgraceful scandals with UK politicians severly rorting the expenses systems. Which is why Thailand does need to either adjust the constitution or pass / adjust election laws to even more strongly punish vote buying and to ensure that it is simply impossible for one man to gain total control and intimidation of the masses.

Edited by scorecard

Horse trading with banned politicians is never necessary, unless there's no other possible way to win, and it is never ethical. :)

Oh, the irony! The entire redshirt call for reconciliation is simply an attempt to blackmail the Democrats into "horsetrading" with the ultimate banned politician. We are agreed that it is unnecessary then? And certainly not ethical.

As Hammered noted Irony, trenchant irony.

The whole Thaksin team with any brains at all is BANNED.

Newin didn't take any position in the government, he is not an MP.

He is a power broker, and banned as MP or as an elected or voting person

Much as in many nations people with power do put in their own candidates or blocks and call the shots.

Ethics is taking a backseat to getting the job done for a power block.

Well it's not pretty but it's said that "War is Politics by other means".

So It seems this is still better than War.... n'est pas/ is it not?

But this whole argument is about bringing back Power broker Thaklsin who is all that Newin is,

PLUS convicted for absue of power in office AND on the run from justice.

Ober-Irony indeed.

And Civil Court just told Potjamin she can NOT sell off the Rachadapisek land right now.

Seems she wanted to make some cash PRIOR to her Ex's losing her half oc the pile for her.

Can't blame her, she bailed on him some time ago.. gee just when Newin split too.

They must know something close up and personal on "Wacko Tacko".. oops Mr. Tkaksn.

Just quoting someone recently equating him to Mr Jackson,

because they both could do some sidesteps, but not enough.

Oh and what of banned Banharn also... you can run these guys off so easily...

but that IS the problem with Thai politics it STILL isn't a strong enough set of rules,

and PTP ONLY wants to roll back to '97s in effectual set up.

Edited by animatic

The government is soiled, through and through by military meddling. I think you know exactly what I mean, or do I have to spell it out ?

I take it you were replying to me? If so, then yes, please spell it out.

Please don't play dumb. Everyone knows the current government was put together by the military.

Please don't play dumb. Everyone knows the current government was put together by the military.

Still waiting for it to be spelt out... It was rather fortunate for the military, then, that all the pieces they wanted to put together had already been democratically voted for by the Thai population. Now that's real cunning. Making Thai voters choose the exact people the military want to manipulate a year later. Making Samak break the electoral laws. Making the PPP leaders illegally (as judged by the election comission) win the election so that the military could pick the pieces up a year later and put a government together. True genious.

Still waiting for it to be spelt out... It was rather fortunate for the military, then, that all the pieces they wanted to put together had already been democratically voted for by the Thai population. Now that's real cunning. Making Thai voters choose the exact people the military want to manipulate a year later. Making Samak break the electoral laws. Making the PPP leaders illegally (as judged by the election comission) win the election so that the military could pick the pieces up a year later and put a government together. True genious.

Your a PR man for the Thai Military, no? LOL

AH yes an even handed newbie with what to say?

...the mai pen rai response with a smile is one of my most used responses in daily interaction. its an easy, polite and effective way to dismiss someone or something.

however, i would have to agree that "doo cheey cheey" is the better response for the OP...

...thats barbaric....

....the new bags dont say "GOD IS LOVE"

its now even cheesier - they say "WE PRESCRIBE MEDICINE BUT JESUS CHRIST IS THE HEALER"

i almost physically sick when i read that....

...its easy for me, im 75kg...

...i ccomplrete agree wiht tthe OP. im shaking my head all tthe time wiht tthese peple, no helmets aadn barefoot on tthe motorbikes, little children piled up on tthe front aadn tthe back. its an axcident waiting to happen....

...thsi is really embarrassing frmo thsi old man. he always came accross as tthe perfect statesman, a gentleman, etc.

it now apears that all that ws a facade.

he is just another self serving bugger who wilil bend tthe rules for his profet. ...

...its a somewhat predictible response by Taksin, i cna see tthe humor in it, howerver thsi is serious stuff for him, im sure he hsa a team of experts worknig arround tthe clock maikng tthe evidnece as watertight as posible.

do i think tthey cna succeed ? no i dont....

...SHAME of yuo, SURYAT. yuo put a blemish on thailand...

Jan 22nd

Suddenly a great change in style and ability to spell* now on Jan 27th it's like a new voice

Or maybe hypothetically it was just slapdash put together a temps sense of real poster in case they get checked

and then back to business a few weeks later when another nic gets banned.

..Oh well, it wont be too long before this pathetic excuse for a government crumbles. ....

...The government is soiled, through and through by military meddling. I think you know exactly what I mean, or do I have to spell it out ?....

...Please don't play dumb. Everyone knows the current government was put together by the military....

...Ill be glad to see the back of this corruption ridden, rat infested, power hungry, pathetic excuse for a government.

Hopefully the smaller parties pile on the pressure and force a house dissolution, and return the power back to the people...

...Your a PR man for the Thai Military, no? LOL....

So interesting a complete change of style and ability to communicate effectively

arrives just as it turns anti government in a big way. Hmm, set up and pass to the PR guy to finish?

i had a virus on my computer that messed with keyboard input

Oh that IS a good one! Never heard of a virus doing that though,

they like to just be invisible till they kill your hard drive,

running a Amiga 64 or something?

Edited by animatic

Your a PR man for the Thai Military, no? LOL

No, I'm just someone still waiting for it to be spelt out to me.

Well im not in the habit of just spoon feed knowledge to people, especially when its so blatantly obvious.

engage that grey matter of yours, instead of just regurgitating the same brainwashed verbiage over and over

i had a virus on my computer that messed with keyboard input

Oh that IS a good one! Never heard of a virus doing that though,

they like to just be invisible till they kill your hard drive,

running a Amiga 64 or something?

Ever heard of programs that autocorrect your typos? this virus did the opposite. I had to take it in for service for 2 days while they reformatted it.

You call yourself an "Observant Member" but you don't appear to be very observant.

where did I say that i took my computer in for service ? they only needed the HDD to resintall the OS and software.

Not true, they would need the actual hardware your system would be running to properly install your system. Heck, all current legal Windows OS versions will fingerprint themselves to your hardware and trigger a re-auth request if any major component was altered.

You call yourself an "Observant Member" but you don't appear to be very observant.

where did I say that i took my computer in for service ? they only needed the HDD to resintall the OS and software.

Not true, they would need the actual hardware your system would be running to properly install your system. Heck, all current legal Windows OS versions will fingerprint themselves to your hardware and trigger a re-auth request if any major component was altered.

Not if you have brought the computer into repair before and they have made an image file of the OS after a clean installation. Then its just a matter of rewriting the image onto the disk. It should have taken 2 hours but the IT guy was busy.

Other than this quote I can't imagine where I got that idea from...

Ever heard of programs that autocorrect your typos? this virus did the opposite.

I had to take it in for service for 2 days while they reformatted it.

Yegawds, it was the post right above it....

That assumption would be wrong.

I only took my HDD in to the service shop, not my whole computer. ("it" in this case was NOT referring to my computer)

some of you pro-government folk are a bit slow

Edited by boris52