No Cursor When Replying Or Posting

phetaroi

No cursor shows up when I am writing a posting (like now), meaning I cannot erase anything once I've started unless I just go back and erase everything as I go. Can't delete content I'm quoting from previous posts.

I am not having this problem in any of my other software or any other forums in which I participate.

For me the Fast Reply works but when clicking a Reply link to go advanced I can't edit or add anything. I can highlight sections of a quoted post if there is one, but can't delete anything or add extra text to the end. All this is in my newly upgraded Firefox 3.6. NB this post is all written in Fast Reply which works fine...

Same as dantilley, fast reply works everything else load ok but can not write or modify anything.

Started with the FF 3.6 beta 1 and continues to be a problem with latest FF 3.6 released.

please open up the add reply box, at the upper right hand corner you will see a box with two little arrows in it. click that and see if that switches it to the rich text editor. that should solve your cursor problems

• 3 weeks later...

I joined the forum recently. Before I had upgraded to Firefox 3.6.

Same problem. I have other websites (my webmail provider e.g.) with the same problem.

Just did a before and after test:

* problem exists with 3.6.

* downgraded to 3.5.7 and problem is gone (can not post the URL here, just search for "firefox 3.5.x download")

As I do not miss something in 3.6 I will use the older version until the problem is confirmed closed.

Edited by KhunBENQ