Airasia Declined Kasikornbank Debit Card Holder Online Transaction

Dodobird

I dont think any airline accepts debit cards for online bookings. I have used my Visa cards regularly with air asia with excellant service on line.

Garbage.

I use an international (non Thai) debit card for all my flights. Multiple airlines.

Air Asia accepts my Thai visa debit. Air AsiaX does not and will not. I have tried most of them and spoken to the call centre staff. The interent process about registering is misleading.

I dont think any airline accepts debit cards for online bookings. I have used my Visa cards regularly with air asia with excellant service on line.

Garbage.

I use an international (non Thai) debit card for all my flights. Multiple airlines.

Air Asia accepts my Thai visa debit. Air AsiaX does not and will not. I have tried most of them and spoken to the call centre staff. The interent process about registering is misleading.

Exactly.....I did the same, but sad to say that most if not all call centre staff (Thailand) were unable to advise me the process about registering with AirAsia to use KBank debit Card.

I've bought dozens of air asia tickets...sometimes my chase visa will go through but usually not. Even after i call Chase in USA and go round and round I still often have problems. But for some reason about one out of every 3 tickets i buy online from air asia the card is approved. Same card, go figure.

I did learn that if you go online and try and book air asia and charge to your credit card and it gets declined that you can call air asia and tell them you want to pay for your ticket at a 7/11....they will give you some code number that you give to the 7/11 clerk (in Thailand only i am sure) and they do a barscan thing and give you a receipt (small service fee i think it was 30 baht)...they charged same price for getting ticket this way as the online rate ......a day or two later the confirmation of your flight shows up in your email.

Anyway, if all else fails, call air asia and go to 7/11. I did find the some of the 7/11 staff didn't know they could do air asia but then the manager or more experienced staff would pull a sheet of barscan codes out and sure enough there it is.

Hi All,

I was told that my address with Kbank should be the same address when I signed-up with AirAsia. Apparently, I just realised that my address with KBank was written in thai language whereas the address with AirAsia is in English. In view of this, I try to update my profile address in thai language but was prompted with the follow :-

Please avoid the use of non-standard ascii characters, such as:

{} [] <> ! ^ | '

Please enter corrected information.

Hence, I could not update my profile despite repeated attempts. Where did I go wrong?

• 1 month later...
I can't explain it for you, but you might find some satisfaction knowing that Air Asia would not accept my Siam Commercial Bank Visa Card, and neither would Cebu Pacific. Don't understand what's going on with these airlines.

:) I like to say it's rather the qualification of crew working in the administration then the airlines. Cebupacificair have 2 sales offices in Bangkok. I book often with CPA and somtimes must change flight. I don't know if some from the staff fraud or what happen. Usual if I change flight 1 week in advance (no promo, on same flight value or even cheaper I paid) I pay ca. 1500 THB. Few days ago for a change of flight BKK - MNL - plus other domestic destination she claim 3650 THB. Angry I call to the sencond office and we succeed with 1850 THB. UNBELIEVABLE and not first time.

With AirAsia I consult you go visit direct the office in the Airport and find a competent partner as station boss. Maybe you need the AirAsia Visa Classic an/or Platinum Combi Card with Krasni?

If your in Bangkok can I suggest you visit the small sales office on the first floor of Lotus Rama 1. The staff there are excelent, good listeners, plenty of English and they have no hesitation to call the head office and discuss as needed.

A couple of times I've had some complications with AirAsia ticktes (my doing, not meant as a criticism of AirAsia) the staff at this office have listened well, made sure they completely understand the situation, look for any alternatives, shown me in detail the published rules and policies, and I've always walked away with a compromise, perhaps with a small extra cost (Thats' Ok, I made the problem and I recognize it's a budget airline, or alternatively I've walked away with no compromise and knowling why.

If your in Bkk, give them a try.

It seems to be hit and miss. I have used an Aus bank visa debit card and been accepted and the same card has been rejected. Remember when you could actually talk to someone if you had aproblem but thats progress !!!!

Instead of whining about it why not just phone the AirAsia call centre and book it over the phone? All you need is the details of the flights you want, your passport number and the credit card info. Takes 10 minutes and they speak English. Simple. I've done that when I had problems with the AA site in the past. But usually no problem with my Thai UOB Visa card online.

Also try booking on the mobile booking site mobile.airasia.com - much faster and easy to use.

because over the phone you pay 10% more, the airline has a credit card with K-bank but inexplicably you cant pay online with the debit card, and I've heard the same is the case even if you have their internet purchase card. Its a joke

Also paying at 7/11 is a nightmare, first of all the call center takes hours to get through, then they give you a code which is huge and then staff at 7 dont speak a lick of english too. Even after trying 3 7s and getting the AA staff to speak to the 7 guy there was still no joy.

Surely they would make more money if it was easy to book like this.

Edited by gasman2