Airasia Declined Kasikornbank Debit Card Holder Online Transaction

Dodobird

Hi Everybody,

I have a Kasikornbank's ATM/Debit Card and subsequently in December last year, I applied for K-Cyber Banking for the convenient of online purchase of air tickets. I was assured that I can use it for online transaction with AirAsia.

Today, I tried to purchase ticket from AirAsia online but were declined after several attempts. I called KasikornBank call centre and was told that I must register with AirAsia before I can make any online transaction, however I could not find any information in AirAsia website pertaining to this. I immediately called AirAsia (Thailand) and was shocked when told they does not accept K-Bank Debit Card. :) WHY?

Can someone enlighten me on this....please!

I can't explain it for you, but you might find some satisfaction knowing that Air Asia would not accept my Siam Commercial Bank Visa Card, and neither would Cebu Pacific. Don't understand what's going on with these airlines.

I can't explain it for you, but you might find some satisfaction knowing that Air Asia would not accept my Siam Commercial Bank Visa Card, and neither would Cebu Pacific. Don't understand what's going on with these airlines.

:) I like to say it's rather the qualification of crew working in the administration then the airlines. Cebupacificair have 2 sales offices in Bangkok. I book often with CPA and somtimes must change flight. I don't know if some from the staff fraud or what happen. Usual if I change flight 1 week in advance (no promo, on same flight value or even cheaper I paid) I pay ca. 1500 THB. Few days ago for a change of flight BKK - MNL - plus other domestic destination she claim 3650 THB. Angry I call to the sencond office and we succeed with 1850 THB. UNBELIEVABLE and not first time.

With AirAsia I consult you go visit direct the office in the Airport and find a competent partner as station boss. Maybe you need the AirAsia Visa Classic an/or Platinum Combi Card with Krasni?

Edited by challenger99

AirAsia's online credit card clearing has been a bit of a lottery since last summer. I used to be able to use any of my 3 flavours of overseas plastic but now they are ALL declined. When I worried about it, I spoke with each of the card-issuing banks and they never even saw the attempt to charge from AirAsia. I think this is a limitation of whatever credit card clearing house AirAsia contract for online billing; maybe they changed companies late last summer? I have emailed them twice stating that they are losing my custom as the only time I can use them is when I make the purchase direct at their BKK airport ticket desk.

Always consider that there's TAA as an alternative.

(Try Another Airline)

I have found if they are declined on the web, then I call can the ticket agent phone number in Thailand for AirAsia and the debit cards will clear.

Are you sure? I called AirAsia (Thailand) last evening and the officer specifically told me they accept "AirAsia-KBank Credit Card" only but does not accept K-Bank Debit Card...strange isn't it?

I dont think any airline accepts debit cards for online bookings. I have used my Visa cards regularly with air asia with excellant service on line.

I have been using my Singapore Master Debit Card for online bookings with AirAsia for more than a year without any problem at all. Btw, I have just booked a flight back to Singapore with AirAsia with the same Master Debit Card and was accepted instantly. :)

I have been using my Malaysia AmBank NexG Master Debit Card for online bookings with AirAsia for more than a year without any problem at all. Also used this card for payments over the Internet.

This card I also used for bookings from Hong Kong and get cash from ATM machines in China (mainland).

Thai Siam Commercial Bank, Bangkok Bank doesn't work at all. Possibly the 7Eleven debit card will work.

I have been using my Malaysia AmBank NexG Master Debit Card for online bookings with AirAsia for more than a year without any problem at all. Also used this card for payments over the Internet.

This card I also used for bookings from Hong Kong and get cash from ATM machines in China (mainland).

Thai Siam Commercial Bank, Bangkok Bank doesn't work at all. Possibly the 7Eleven debit card will work.

wow ive only just come across this problem today ..

can buy the tickets from the call center but theres a 1400 baht difference in price !! damm

Air Asia only accept Siam Commercial Bank account registrated with internet service.

I opened an account with them 2 months ago in order to avoid the credit card fee. (200 Baht)

Credit/Debit card charges (convenience fee) is 100 bahts. :)

Air Asia only accept Siam Commercial Bank account registrated with internet service.

I opened an account with them 2 months ago in order to avoid the credit card fee. (200 Baht)

Credit/Debit card charges (convenience fee) is 100 bahts. :)

Before,they charged me 200 baht for 2 return ticket in one booking. (for visa)

So I am not sure it's 100 baht/person or 100/baht per way.

If you have a standard debit card with any Thai bank you can't use it online as it is a generic card that doesn't even have your name on it. I managed to get a credit card with UOB for this very reason.

I have found if they are declined on the web, then I call can the ticket agent phone number in Thailand for AirAsia and the debit cards will clear.

True. I have called in and used a 'declined' card as well as going to the airport and using a 'declined'card. It's just a pain in the arse since the handiness and speed of the online purchase is gone.

I dont think any airline accepts debit cards for online bookings. I have used my Visa cards regularly with air asia with excellant service on line.

Wrong. I have used overseas issued debit cards online several times with different airlines including AirAsia before they lost the plot last year. Yes, they used to be good but some cards are not being approved regardless of available credit/debit.

Just don't understand Air Asia mentality, apparently they issue AirAsia-KBank Credit Card but why can't they accept K-Bank debit card? Moreover, when I consulted an officer from the KBank call-centre who assured me that I can use K-Bank Debit Card to do online booking of flights from AirAsia.

Have you tried calling the Airline?

Yes, I did called the call-centre and I was told that AirAsia does not accept "KBank" VISA debit card but can use AirAsia-KBank VISA credit card. :) What kind of a system is this...AIRASIA?

Just don't understand Air Asia mentality, apparently they issue AirAsia-KBank Credit Card but why can't they accept K-Bank debit card? Moreover, when I consulted an officer from the KBank call-centre who assured me that I can use K-Bank Debit Card to do online booking of flights from AirAsia.

Yes, I did called the call-centre and I was told that AirAsia does not accept "KBank" VISA debit card but can use AirAsia-KBank VISA credit card. :) What kind of a system is this...AIRASIA?

They save a fee (small %) on their own branded card I imagine, hence the discrimination.

Yes, I did called the call-centre and I was told that AirAsia does not accept "KBank" VISA debit card but can use AirAsia-KBank VISA credit card. :D What kind of a system is this...AIRASIA?

They save a fee (small %) on their own branded card I imagine, hence the discrimination.

Don't forget, AirAsia charge a "convenience fee" for each and every debit or credit card online transaction. :)

Just another ruse by a budget airline to get more money while keeping the headline price low. Many of the budget airlines play this or other similar games.

I think that the convenience fee came in about 3 months ago and it is only when they started charging for credit cards that a lot of customers started looking at direct debit payment options. That's my experience on booking domestic flights anyway.

Just another ruse by a budget airline to get more money while keeping the headline price low. Many of the budget airlines play this or other similar games.

I think that the convenience fee came in about 3 months ago and it is only when they started charging for credit cards that a lot of customers started looking at direct debit payment options. That's my experience on booking domestic flights anyway.

Not only budget airlines, the banks will promised everything you want and thereafter denied every word they said. This is LOS (land of sins) hazzzz.... :)

I think you will find it is Kasikorn where the issue lies. Been speaking to them a lot this week for clients who wanted to pay using K Bank debit card. We have been through all depts at the bank and they just cannot accept any debit card payments without the card present. It has to go through a swipe machine.

You should find Bangkok Bank and SCB cards should work OK.

I think you will find it is Kasikorn where the issue lies. Been speaking to them a lot this week for clients who wanted to pay using K Bank debit card. We have been through all depts at the bank and they just cannot accept any debit card payments without the card present. It has to go through a swipe machine.

I think many of you got it wrong on physical card and visual card; please allow me to explain.

When you first open a saving account with KBank, you are given a ATM card for cash withdrawal however you can request for additional debit card facility. This electronic ATM/Debit card is acceptable everywhere in Thailand including most airlines if you have sufficient fund in your bank.

As for the visual card, you are alloted with 16 digits number plus cvv number (without a physical card) and this is strictly for online transaction only. I just don't understand why there are people use this number to make purchases... :):D

Do you know, if somebody get hold of your credit card number especially the cvv number (pin number), they can go on a buying spree without your knowing....

Edited by Dodobird

I used Kasikornbank Atm/Debit Card regularly in Korat and bangkok without any hassle, but today I used the same card to buy something which cost about 30,000 bahts in Singapore... voila! it went through without a glitch. :D

I did enquired from both Singapore and Bangkok AirAsia sales counter at the airport as to whether they accept my KasikornBank Debit Card, ...both answered "sure, Why not" if you have enough monies in your bank :)

Edited by Dodobird

This is Bait-and-Switch by Air-Asia. I've used my K-Bank card for dozens of online transactions with companies from all over the world. Air-Asia is the only one it doesn't work with. Even if you call airasia they tell you try again in an hour and it will work. I finally ended up going to the local office and paying cash for about 20% more than the online price.

Bait and Switch, sad but true.

This is Bait-and-Switch by Air-Asia. I've used my K-Bank card for dozens of online transactions with companies from all over the world. Air-Asia is the only one it doesn't work with. Even if you call airasia they tell you try again in an hour and it will work. I finally ended up going to the local office and paying cash for about 20% more than the online price.

Bait and Switch, sad but true.

Do AirAsia has an office/agent in Korat?