Architecture Classes In English, In Thailand Or Asia?

chivo

What is it you're looking for specifically? I would contact the major universities in BKK. Buy the latest Wallpaper mag which has features on various design related faculties.

I also just spotted that Art4D has a graduate show booklet included in its current issue. Watching these shows might not only give you an idea what goes on at the various faculties

but give you an idea of what an Arch degree tries to teach (from a BKK/Thai perspective).

Most Summer Schools are really recruitment drives - to market the school brand abroad and tempt well-off families to send their kids to these institutions. But they can still be a lot of fun I guess.

Maybe you could PM me - and anyone else who has an interest. I have been toying with the idea of setting up some sort of Guerilla Arch course, but I'm not sure I can promise you that it'll be what you expect. But if there's an interest, maybe that's the motivation I'll need.

Don't confuse engineering/construction with architecture though. The disciplines overlap, but architecture courses tend to focus on the design process, rather than how the thing will actually "stand up".

Well if you are into the beauty of designing 90 degree structures this is the place. I think the soviets had better architecture.

Where individual buildings might seem to have little to offer, BKK as a city is one of the most mind-bending and interesting places I've come across. Urbanism is also architecture.

perhaps a little clarity is in order...

i have no intentions of becoming a fully licensed architect... i am a graphic designer and artist among other things and enjoy designing houses...

i would simply like to be better at it, and learn some of the basics...

there are 5 week intro to arch courses in some good schools in the west, but i cant get away from work that long...

wishing there was some equivalent to night courses here, etc...

• 3 weeks later...
perhaps a little clarity is in order...

i have no intentions of becoming a fully licensed architect... i am a graphic designer and artist among other things and enjoy designing houses...

i would simply like to be better at it, and learn some of the basics...

there are 5 week intro to arch courses in some good schools in the west, but i cant get away from work that long...

wishing there was some equivalent to night courses here, etc...

There are options;

I have a Design Bachelor Degree and I want to extend my Architectural education in Thailand.

Universities here provide Arch. or Interior Arch. Degree or Masters programs. Have not found any short courses at Universities.

There are private international education providers; courses listed as Interior Design as opposed to Architecture / Architectural actually provide a lot of industry relevant Architectural design and technology papers - have a look at the course content on the following websites:

www.Raffles-Design-Institute.in.th

www.chanapatana.com

www.aithai.co.th

(this is stuck in italic font!) Personally I am dubious about the latter two, maybe a visit would help.

I have been to Raffles and the portfolios are good; I have paid deposit to study there mid year. My only concern is the cost of approx 33,000+ per paper. But it could be ideal if you want some upskilling..

Paying for a year there would pay for an entire B.Arch at ABAC or somewhere else easily. Got to factor class size, time economy and quality of education. I want to find out a bit more about ABAC or any others, as well as their cross credit flexibility.

If anyone is studying Architecture here please give me some feedback on it..

Hope this helps, J

my university has an undergraduate architecture degree. it's quite cheap, costs around 50-60k per semester. it's a fulltime thing though. i'm in my second year now, however a different faculty.

assumption university

www.au.edu

Mysterybkk, my post is below, I am trying to decide between study at Raffles Design Institute (looks great but expensive) or an Arch. program at a University. How is ABAC? you say you are in a different faculty, are you still studying Architecture?

ABAC has some negative press, and the location; do you commute to Suvanabhumi Campus?

As you probably know, it's a tedious process finding what programs are actually in English from such a large number of Uni's. The only University I read about this week that I haven't phoned is Kaetsart.

Your feedback should help whether I make a visit to ABAC or not, cross credits of my degree is also a factor, because I'd want to knock a few semesters off 5 years...

J