Work Permit & Leaving The Country Every 3 Months

I have a 1 year work permit and I've been leaving the country every 3 months. I've been told that I can just go to some government office to get a new stamp in my passport instead of leaving the country every 3 months, can anyone confirm this?

Also does anyone know if its possible to get a 1 month extension on my stamp in my passport?

Thanks!

No to both your questions. But if you meet the qualification of extension of stay you can obtain a one year extension at an immigration office. That would require income for your nationality and employment paperwork from company to support an extension of stay. If your company has not advised you of this I suspect they do not have the requirement paperwork (tax returns for several years and such) but you should be asking them.

yeah i don't think they have that. I just want to know if its possible to get a one month extension. I have to go back to the states at the end of feb, but my stamp on my passport expires feb 6th so i'm trying to avoid buying a plane ticket to KL. The ticket prices on air asia to KL seem to be really expensive now.

If you have a "B" visa then you get 90 days every time you leave and re-enter Thailand. This does not mean you need to leave by air. You can make a boarder run to Laos, Cambodia, Burma or Malaysia leave and re-enter which will give you another 90 days, this is only true if you have the correct Visa. There are several visa tour companies that offer runs to the boarder. You can google "visa run Thailand" or check in one of the newspapers in the advertisement sections.

If you have a "B" visa then you get 90 days every time you leave and re-enter Thailand. This does not mean you need to leave by air. You can make a boarder run to Laos, Cambodia, Burma or Malaysia leave and re-enter which will give you another 90 days, this is only true if you have the correct Visa. There are several visa tour companies that offer runs to the boarder. You can google "visa run Thailand" or check in one of the newspapers in the advertisement sections.

Asuming the visa is multiple entry and is valid then yes.

Asuming the visa is multiple entry and is valid then yes.

Sorry, yes correct as long as it is multiple-entry.

I was tying to point out to the OP that he did not have to fly out. It seems the OP has already been leaving every 90 days, but it appears he has been flying to KL each time.