Counterfeit Branded Goods Seized From Local Shopping Mall

Rimmer

There are many tourists who come to Thailand to purchase counterfeit branded items which are a fraction of the price of the real thing. The production and sale of such items is against the law and on Tuesday Night, a raid of Mike Shopping Mall in South Pattaya took place. The venue is known to sell such items and the raid led to no arrests as the vendors were able to escape, however 101 bags, 47 wrist watches, 35 shirts and 10 hats with a combined street value of around 20,000 Baht were confiscated. The items will be destroyed and the search for the vendors will continue.

www.pattayaone.net

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-01-27

post-22250-1264606218_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1264606233_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1264606244_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1264606256_thumb.jpg

And the police decided not to walk in through the doors of Mikes Shopping Mall and catch all those stalls inside????????????????????

If they had they would have collected a lot more items and got the people selling them.

Edited by v2drinkers

And the police decided not to walk in through the doors of Mikes Shopping Mall and catch all those stalls inside????????????????????

If they had they would have collected a lot more items and got the people selling them.

There's a fine distinction to be drawn by the BIB on these forays, between milking your cow and killing it.

By the Thousands & then what about the economy ????

The latest talk in Asia (Thailand , Malaysia , Philippines , Vietnam etc ) is that this is a MULTI Billion Dollar Industry that would devastate economies if Totally stopped.

I am a guilty purchaser , I have the real deal & copies of same . Worst thing is , there is not much difference in Quality in some items.

:)

101 bags, 47 wrist watches, 35 shirts and 10 hats with a combined street value of around 20,000 Baht

All those items, average price 103 Baht each. I think I'll take a copy of this report when I'm there haggling for new shirts next.

Or is the street value based on the items the BiB didn't want?