Dubliners Vs Londoners

Insight

What do you prefer?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My vote goes on "Both" - Both offer excellent food, pretty good service, good atmosphere and reasonable prices. Negative points are:

Dubliners:

Sometimes the service can be slow, as in very slow. Once took me 15 minutes to pay the bill. Have noticed it getting much better recently though.

Londoners:

Can feel claustrophobic being in a basement with no natural light.

The smell from those beer making machines can be a bit overwhelming.

The band, although excellent, can be a bit loud. Hang around the bar at band nights.

Any other opinions/tales?

My vote goes on "Both" - Both offer excellent food, pretty good service, good atmosphere and reasonable prices. Negative points are:

Dubliners:

Sometimes the service can be slow, as in very slow. Once took me 15 minutes to pay the bill. Have noticed it getting much better recently though.

Londoners:

Can feel claustrophobic being in a basement with no natural light.

The smell from those beer making machines can be a bit overwhelming.

The band, although excellent, can be a bit loud. Hang around the bar at band nights.

Any other opinions/tales?

Cant comment on either pub. But what i can tell you is. I play in the expats football league in Bangkok. The Dubliner hate the Londoner. The Bullshead hate the Londoner but dont mind the Dubliner. I find the lads that play for the Dubliner a bit more friendly but saying that not all the Londoner boys are bad. Personally i'd vote for the BullsHead if i could. Nice bunch of lads. Also gotta add the The Robin Hood Team are nice blokes also. Nice food in the Bullshead i might add. Billy the manager is a nice geezer and made us verey welcome when we were there. So i aint gonna vote! :o:D

I met Billy the manager once about 3 yrs ago in Khao san during songkran and he told mne he used to own an Oxygen bar (one of those places where you went and breathed pure 02) in Bangkok, had the business card somewhere for ages, anyone know what happened to it?

Nice guy though, but crap at pool if I remember rightly. :D

and apart from the potato soup, the foods crap in there JockStar :o

Edited by bkkmadness

Neither.

The Londonner is too big and "restauranty" to feel like a real local pub, and the food in the Dubliner is overpriced with slow service.

Got to be the Bull's Head - you walk in and it really feels like a British Pub, except of course that it has friendly staff and great food. :o