Post Counts Error?

JetsetBkk

Email support[at]thaivisa.com to sort it out.

I will too, since I noticed 15 minutes ago that some 2,000 posts of mine were not accounted for anymore; I was at a total of around 12,200/12,300 and now down to 10,269 :) I noticed the same for other posters.

LaoPo

Surely having a higher post count on a web forum is something to be embarassed about rather than proud of? Or, I guess, in most people's cases, indifferent to... Anyway, posts in "game" threads have now been removed from people's post counts apparently.

people actually care how many posts they have made ? Does anybody else care about how many posts a member has made ?:) SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typical and expected response from you.

I would be quite happy if post counts were not displayed. My only concern is that something may have gone wrong with the software or the database and this may have other implications for the forum.

So either there is an error or some adjustments have been made deliberately. If, as dantilley has said, posts in the "game" threads are now discounted then that is a good idea.

So either there is an error or some adjustments have been made deliberately. If, as dantilley has said, posts in the "game" threads are now discounted then that is a good idea.

Well, that's the point; I have never ever been on the game threads...I don't play -ever- games on my computer.

LaoPo

Well, that's the point; I have never ever been on the game threads...I don't play -ever- games on my computer.

LaoPo

I think all the Geography Seach threads were included among the "word games" threads LP. I know you posted in them. :D

To the reverse snobs who pretend they neither look at nor care about their post counts, no one really believes you. :)

LaoPo

I think all the Geography Search threads were included among the "word games" threads LP. I know you posted in them. :D

1. Yes, same as you, legitimate and educating threads; I don't consider that to be as a "word game". But if they put those threads in "games" I would like to learn about the reasoning for that.

It goes beyond my poor brain cells that member's posts in sensational Pattaya threads about arrested Katoeys are counted as REAL posts and if you take part in an educational thread, posts would be deleted....? :D

But, to be honest, I don't think the Geography threads were put in the jokes and games category; that would be weird.

Apart from that, I never reached 2,000 posts in those threads and that number was deleted.

Hoe many posts did you lose ? :)

But thanks for the info.

LaoPo

that might be an explanation
... we had a problem with our database recently.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/some-Subscri...t&p=3302707

I don't think so, because I just did a "Find Members Posts" using the drop-down menu next to my name and I got the first of 197 pages displayed.

(196 * 25) + 22 from the last page = 4,922, so there are 508 posts in that list that aren't counted towards the displayed post count.

I'll never get any sleep tonight worrying about it.