Remitting The Proceeds From The Sale Of A Property Back Home.

My friend is accusing me of only spouting heresay, not facts, so what are the hands on facts of those that have actually successfully gone through the process, of legally trying to remit the funds from the sale of a condominium or villa back to original sourse?

From what I've ascertained in the event that you complied with all the correct formalities on importing these funds, one is entitled to export the same amount, but not any profit or appreciation that may have incurred in the mean time.

From the date of the completion of the sale to the funds being credit back home how long did this take, what costs and fees were incurred outside of the normal remmitance charges?

What if any additional hoops and hurdles did you confront during this process?

You can transfer out of the country the amount that you have paid tax on at the Land Department when you sell the condo.

You also have to show that the funds were brought in from outside by showing a copy of the FETF/TT3.

From completion of sale to funds getting back home, maybe a week, depends how fast the purchasers cheque clears, maybe a couple of days if you receive cash.

You can transfer out of the country the amount that you have paid tax on at the Land Department when you sell the condo.

You also have to show that the funds were brought in from outside by showing a copy of the FETF/TT3.

From completion of sale to funds getting back home, maybe a week, depends how fast the purchasers cheque clears, maybe a couple of days if you receive cash.

Is this known to you from personal experience, or from what you have learned from forums such as this one?

I'm basically asking if you have actually done it yourself, not what you think the "rules" are. :)

Edit:

I suppose if anyone has actually done this - sold up and transferred the money back home - they may well have left Thailand for good and so probably won't be reading this forum any more! :D

Edited by JetsetBkk

To the moderator.

In hindsight I seem to have submitted this question into the wrong forum, I say that as presumable anyone who has sold their property in Thailand and repatriated their funds back home have in all probability left Thailand, and would not be viewing this specific forum any longer.

Is their any possibility that you could transfer this question into your general Thailand News forum please?