Taxed On Items Send To Uk

james.d

Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone knew if my sister would be taxed on items i send from Bangkok back to the UK.

I was going to send a couples of real not fake watches and a ring of my own back to the UK.

The items are about 10yrs old and i was going to FedEx them, does anyone know if my sister would have to pay any taxes or even myself for that matter?

Thankyou in advance.

I have sent items such as yours by ordinary mail and they have been delivered tax free.

I would be more worried about them going missing to be honest as theft does take place in the postal service.

When I have sent items such these I always declare only a very low item and hope for the best.

Sending to the UK everything has always got through ok.

Thankyou for that info,, these items are worth quite a sum,, thats why i was going to use FexEx.

I have sent items such as yours by ordinary mail and they have been delivered tax free.

I would be more worried about them going missing to be honest as theft does take place in the postal service.

When I have sent items such these I always declare only a very low item and hope for the best.

Sending to the UK everything has always got through ok.