Opening A Bar In Pattaya

rolypie

The new thai bar 'beer beer' is doing a steady trade

Isnt it, I come by there at 7pm every night and there is always a decent gathering of Farang guys (and gals at times) sucking down the bevvies.

I would imagine what would constitute a reasonable monthly net profit would be much less for a Thai than for your average farang bar owner. For what most Thais would settle for, most farang wouldn't even get out of bed in the morning for.

I would imagine what would constitute a reasonable monthly net profit would be much less for a Thai than for your average farang bar owner. For what most Thais would settle for, most farang wouldn't even get out of bed in the morning for.

Indeed the monthly profit a thai is happy with, would be equivalent to a farang daily wage

Another factor, that seems the norm for most bars is the issue where staff members (hostesses), want to cut their shift's short and go off with customers, the norm is for the customer to pay the bar compensation (Bar Fine), if you are thinking of that sort business I would recommend reading the following Police Crackdown On Foreign Operated Sex Bars also a BM on another site who is British (RolyPie, I assume by your avatar you are too), claims that he only had a financial interest in such a bar and now faces charges in the UK for "Controlling Prostitution Worldwide".

i would never open a bar in Pattaya... the thought of being "pally" and making converstion with every customer that comes in is awfull..Also, don't like bars where the owner comes over chatting to you, desparatly trying to build up their customer base..

that why i do my most of my drinking at home or sitting in the back of the truck with cooler full of beer at Marpachan..... Sorted :)