Marmite In Thailand

chuchok

My personal preference is Promite as it's not as salty as either Vegemite or Marmite.

I found that you can get Vegemite and Promite at Friendship Supermarket if you are in Pattaya. I have breakfast at Monty's Cafe and Pool Bar and I can always get Vegemite on toast there.

For some reason, Thais don't seem to like the saltiness of Vegemite / Marmite / Promite.

Peter

post-6192-1115187069_thumb.jpg

George: You have led a sheltered life :D

Vegemite, Marmite and Promite are 'yeast extracts,' rich in vitamin B and niacin, riboflavin and other things that are good for you. A rich, dark (almost black) spread, which is slightly salty to taste and great on buttered toast.

I remember the actor who played Quincey, MD being introduced to Vegemite when he was in Australia ... he admitted he hated it and promised to look for an antidote.

Maybe you have too much of a sweet tooth ... :o

Peter

Vegemite, Marmite and Promite are 'yeast extracts,' rich in vitamin B and niacin, riboflavin and other things that are good for you. A rich, dark (almost black) spread, which is slightly salty to taste and great on buttered toast.

Whatever your preference, because of the high vitamin B content, they are all reputed to be very good at helpting getting over a hangover... :D

Now, don't tell me that George and Darknight don't drink... :o

I have never tried these products. How do they taste? Are you spreading them on sandwiches or what? Sorry for my ignorance...

Same here George, never heard of the stuff..

Give me this anyday :D

I always thought that was for kids. :o

Edited by chuchok

Whatever your preference, because of the high vitamin B content, they are all reputed to be very good at helpting getting over a hangover... :D

Well I don't drink Alcohol no ??? :D

Oops!!! :D

(searching for the smilie with his foot in his mouth...)

Oops!!! :D

(searching for the smilie with his foot in his mouth...)

Could it be this one

footinmouth.gif

For some reason, Thais don't seem to like the saltiness of Vegemite / Marmite / Promite.

My Thai wife loves Marmite especially in a Cheese sandwich....she likes edam guoda and emmantaal

• 9 months later...
Best uses of Marmite are IMHO:

Spread on buttered toast

In cheese sandwiches

With cheese on toast

Ham, cucumber and marmite sandwiches

Hi Withnail

You have forgotten 1 vital use..............

I quote health consultant Dr Martin Schweiger "Marmite gives off an odour through the skin that insects find off-putting but human beings cannot smell"

Great for repelling mossies!! assume you eat it on toast rather than smearing it on the bod!!! :o

TBWG :D:D:D

First time I came to thailand I had some Marmite with me. Now there may be the occasional exeption but from my survey most Thai's hate it :o

However if you can get a Thai to try some the face they pull is a picture :D

The kids are the best as they will try anything :D

BTW there is only one Marmite all the rest are bad copies ... same same but different :D