Road Rage In Phuket

jdwphuket

I have driven to Mae honson, phuket,surat,everywhere in between,been driving myself for 11 years in bangkok, Just one accident, a Korean crashed into me making a u-turn while I was overtaking him, he fled to his embassy only to show up later at the cop shop. we were both guilty.

I drive really fast, I mean very fast, but I treat the road like a race track, I avoid everyone,with speed. Some drivers in no hurry to get anywhere will just sit on the fast lane, I usually start with coming close, then flash lights briefly, longer flashes, then honk, followed by all the lights and the horn, if all did nt work, I ll find a way around the car and thats when they leave the fast lane.

I dont feel any rage, just that I need to get to where I am going fast. The slow drivers cause all the accidents and only people under the influence crash when the go fast.

I just love people who drive like you, I just love it when they tail gate me, even more so when they start flashing their lights and honking their horn.

But do you know what I love the most?

It's when I slam my brakes on and they hit me ..............just love that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes

had a few accidents, usually Police have been fair. Not so in Patong 2 weeks ago.

I was overtaking some cars and one big bike on the road from Patong to Karon up the hill before coming to safari. They where really slow, I was riding my big bike. Overtook them, the bike started to turn right as I just was passing. he touched my passangers knee and my lisence plate. I stopped a few hundred meters later, returned to accident scene. Rider was gone, but bike was left, wrecked.

Took my passanger to patong hospital, treated bleeding wound, xrayed to be sure, a BIB turns up says I was escaping accident scene. I said no, the other guy escaped, I took care of medical before wanting to report him.

Policestation, I called my Insurance company (1st class insurance). The other party turned up with like 10 people. They said this is a rental bike, and I have to pay for rent 2 months at 2000 baht a day. Insurance company says its my fault, Police says its my fault. I ask if they want to know what happend? No, the other party have explained it. 4 hours later I can accept to be guilty or Police lock me up and bring me to court. accepted guilty, payed 500 baht fine, no claim between parties, only between the other party and my insurance to cover bikes damage, not lost rentalincome.

The other parties bike was wrecked, my not scratched. The other rider was totally unharmed, shoes, jeans, t-shirt and body. My friend showing up in Police station couldnt stop laughing. Wrecked bike, unscratched rider. Even flip flops

Sometimes expect to get the blame even when your not guilty

Glad you, (and your bike) are OK.