Valentine's Day Dinner At The Dusit

paulvingt

I just returned from the Dusit Thani hotel where I wanted to check out their offerings for Valentine's Day.

I was very impressed with the set menus and in particular the price as everything such as taxes and service charge are included.

I was, however, shocked to read at the bottom of your pamphlets: "rose and chocolate give away for ladies" at the il cielo; "a box of hearted shape cheese cake and rose for ladies" at Hamilton's; and "a box of macaroons and rose for ladies" at D'Sens.

I though to myself - what if my partner is not a "lady"? This means that my boyfriend isn't entitled to the special valentine gifts?

Apparently, a "couple" to the people at the Dusit Thani refers only to "heterosexual" couples. This is quite strange given the location of this five-star hotel.

I will have to let all my GAY friends know that the Dusit Thani is NOT a "gay-friendly hotel." I for one will not take my gay Valentine there - there are other hotels that welcome my "pink baht"!

Is it their policy to discriminate against gays? Im sure the gay community would love to be informed of this.

Do you know of other places that don't welcome gays?

Why do people that are in a minority always take offense ?

Did you ask anyone there or did you just go by the menu and pamphlet?

You don't want to be discriminated against yet you want special treatment in the guise of being "politically correct" :)

BTW, in how many sections are you going to post your rant ?

You where shocked to read, i agree this is terrible "Rose and gift for ladies" how could't they do this to you.

You lucky you survived this, maybe after a week or so when you recovered from this i would go to court and sue them for the damage.

BU@@SH@#T,

Please move to the gay section, this makes me sick.

Maybe if i survived this i sue you for writting crap on the net.

Me, children and GF been there many times also with gay friends nothing wrong there, but lucky for other guest and the hotel you stay away.

Thank you

I agree there is nothing to be offended about in the text that the gifts were for the ladies. The majority of people are heterosexual and heterosexuality is assumed in almost all cultures. If the OP had inquired whether in his case he could benefit from the promotion is his beloved was actually not a lady, and they denied him, then there would be room for complaint. We can't know whether they would deny the request or not unless someone asks and gets an answer.

In case you don't know, throughout the world it is more common than not for businesses who offer these heterosexual types of promotions to NOT grant the same offers to gay couples when they are demanded. Whether the Dusit should be included in that complaint or not is unknown based on the info we have so far.

Edited by Jingthing

I agree there is nothing to be offended about in the text that the gifts were for the ladies. The majority of people are heterosexual and heterosexuality is assumed in almost all cultures. If the OP had inquired whether in his case he could benefit from the promotion is his beloved was actually not a lady, and they denied him, then there would be room for complaint. We can't know whether they would deny the request or not unless someone asks and gets an answer.

As far as the tired old right wing "special rights" BS, that is ridiculous. Homosexuals don't want special rights, we are demanding the exact same rights as heterosexuals.

We all know that homosexuals are almost every where excepted and sure the 5 star hotels.

They never denied a gift and if you go there with your boyfriend you going to get this gift aswell, so the OP has no ideau what is going in Bangkok, and

if i was Dusit going to sue the OP, as they never been involved in any sort of discrimination, this is Thailand.

The claim that the Dusit WILL allow the promotion to gays is as ridiculous as the complaint that they won't WITHOUT ASKING! This has been an issue for years, special deals for straight couples, and gay couples DENIED them. Again, the Dusit should not be labeled EITHER way, or any asumptions made EITHER way based on what we know. Heterosexuals do not deserve special rights, homosexuals deserve and demand EQUAL rights. Again, nothing to do with the Dusit based on their ad copy.

BTW, I suspect the OP is taking the piss, but he has actually brought up a legitimate issue that involves many businesses in Thailand and globally.

Edited by Jingthing

The claim that the Dusit WILL allow the promotion to gays is as ridiculous as the complaint that they won't WITHOUT ASKING! This has been an issue for years, special deals for straight couples, and gay couples DENIED them. Again, the Dusit should not be labeled EITHER way, or any asumptions made EITHER way based on what we know. Heterosexuals do not deserve special rights, homosexuals deserve and demand EQUAL rights. Again, nothing to do with the Dusit based on their ad copy.

Not agree, form my experience at the Dusit where i was for years also member if the wine club, they treat gay couples the same as hetrosexual couples.

I going to send them a mail about this, know some people there, because to even think that the wouldt give gay couples the same as hetro couples makes me sick.

OK, good. Sounds like a good idea to clear the Dusit's good name on this issue if you can do so. I also think the OP is out of line complaining without any direct evidence that there is anything to complain about. There is enough REAL STUFF to complain about without imagining things that may or may not be so.

Edited by Jingthing

OK, good. Sounds like a good idea to clear the Dusit's good name on this issue if you can do so. I also think the OP is out of line complaining without any direct evidence that there is anything to complain about. There is enough REAL STUFF to complain about without imagining things that may or may not be so.

Agree, message been send.

Let you know as soon as i got a reply.

You don't want to be discriminated against yet you want special treatment
Please explain how demanding EQUAL treatment is in any way demanding SPECIAL treatment? You hear this BS from right wing people all the time, and it is simply not logical. Not talking about the Dusit here, there was no grounds for that complaint presented. Edited by Jingthing

Funny I suppose, and the typical right wing line. Equating human beings with a plastic doll, ha ha ha ha.

This is of course related to the gay marriage issue. If gays are allowed to marry, what's next, people marrying their Basset Hounds?post-37101-1264846401_thumb.jpg

I would normally be against human-Basset Hound unions, but I must say seeing this happy couple has softened my resolve.

Edited by Jingthing

Still need to wait little bit, op if they give you the rose and chocolate you still going there??

Dear Mr. @#$%@#$%,

By this e-mail, we have copied the message below to Duty Manager, to reply to you soon.

With best regards,

T@#$@#$@#$.(Mr.)

Central Reservation Sales Coordinator

Dusit International, Dusit Thani Building, 946 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500

Phone +66 (0) 2636 3333 | Fax +66 (0) 2636 3562 -3| E-mail [email protected] | [email protected] | www.dusit.com

In 2010 let the Dusit Magic enliven your spirit. Best wishes for your happiness, good health and peace throughout the world in the New Year!

Dusit International partners with the Preferred Hotel Group™, a global leader in hospitality representing over 700 of the finest independent hotels and resorts in the world. For more information please visit www.PreferredHotelGroup.com