Temp Passport Burma, 2 Yr Visa /work Permit

Our maid just had the same thing done.

You just go back to your local labour office and they will issue a temp work permit and she'll await the permanent one. We've been given a definite date in early April to come back and pick up the perm work permit. This is possible, just so long as you have a 'quota' for hiring a foreign worker (and if she worked with your previously under the old system, then you will have one....make sure you take your quota allocation letter with you).

Mods...please move this thread to the visa forum so it can get better circulation.

Edited by samran

HHHmmmpppfffrrrrr....

My Burmese maid left to go get a passport, she has been gone since December 11th... Latest news is that she has more trouble and that she may be back next month, in the meantime her "cousin" is working for us with a permit ending February.

Fed up, I am switching to someone with verifiable papers or a Thai. I feel taken advantage of.

HHHmmmpppfffrrrrr....

My Burmese maid left to go get a passport, she has been gone since December 11th... Latest news is that she has more trouble and that she may be back next month, in the meantime her "cousin" is working for us with a permit ending February.

Fed up, I am switching to someone with verifiable papers or a Thai. I feel taken advantage of.

Sounds dodgy.

Having said that, there have been reports on the burmese side that officals there are asking for some pretty hefty under the table payments from people turning up to get the passport...A couple of thousand baht in some cases.

Two months though...she's probably done a runner.

Thanks for the heads up.

She has worked for us for about 6 years and under my wife's quota but she just left for Oz, can I take her along with my Mrs papers to do it at the labor place?

You can try, however, I suspect that your wife will need to sign a power of attoerny form first, which I had to get from the labour office anyway.

With the renewal for our maid, I didn't have time to do the running around myself, so I gave the paperwork and the POA form to my mum who did it all.