Motorbike Slams Into Concrete Wall In South Pattaya, Killing Its Driver

Rimmer

Just after 2.30 on Saturday Morning, Police and rescue workers were called to the scene of a fatal road accident which occurred at a tight bend in Soi Khopia in South Pattaya. At the scene was the body of Khun Tanashai aged 33. He was slumped over his motorbike which had slammed into a concrete wall. The accident occurred at the bend which is commonly the scene of minor accidents; however this accident led to the death of the motorbike driver upon impact with the concrete wall. There were no witnesses to the accident; however local residents reported hearing the sound of the impact. They came out to assist the driver who had already passed-away. The driver, who was not wearing a safety helmet, is thought to have approached the curve at a high rate of speed, according to skid marks on the road. He was not thought to be intoxicated but simply misjudged the curve and slammed into the wall.

www.pattayaone.net

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-01-30

post-22250-1264844541_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1264844554_thumb.jpg

Yes you are correct it most certainley did sound callous.Rest in peace brother.

----------------------------------------

I, personally see it as more heartless to oversee the fact that the driver drove his motorbike without a helmet.

Everything starts by us people reacting to things like this and not just sit there and - "sorry lad, bye bye".

Maybe the helmet could have saved his life......................................................

Glegolo

I, personally see it as more heartless to oversee the fact that the driver drove his motorbike without a helmet.

Everything starts by us people reacting to things like this and not just sit there and - "sorry lad, bye bye".

Maybe the helmet could have saved his life......................................................

Glegolo

Tactfully well-said. The local reaction which is usually "He was unlucky," promotes further death and carnage on the roadways.

The common sense approach: "If you ignore the laws of physics (helmet / speed) you pay the consequences," saves lives.

RIP, "unlucky" Thai young man; but may others' lives be saved by your example.

post-21740-1264914786_thumb.jpg

Edited by toptuan

They should put a detailed picture of the outcome of this accident and comments with the reason of why this fatal accident happened on the front page of every national newspaper.As they would have to do with every similar event.Guess the frontpage would never be large enough.

RIP.

Edited by basjke

Glegolo

Well put and based on the picture of the motorcycle having hit a wall it does not appear to have been much damage to the cycle I.E. the handle bars not folded backwards, so it is quite possible a helmet could have saved his life (though being thrown forward face first a helmet isn't much help unless it is a full face) but at minimum it would have given him a fighting chance where as no helmet does not and a possibly minor incident becomes deadly..

Tanashi? Sounds Japanese not Thai eh? Actually that name sounds familiar and my memory associates his name with the local Japanese performance driving school Taki I believe.. :) I hope I'm wrong as he should know better if that's the case.. :D

The name was Thanachai.

Can anyone identify the model? Is it a Yamaha Nouvo?

I would be interested to know who told the press, "I don't think he was intoxicated," and what evidence that person had for reaching such a conclusion. Sniffing??

Edited by Briggsy

The name was Thanachai.

It was? Where is that printed? Do you have a link? Above it says "Tanashai" your spelling is completely different with 2 letters added and one of those changed....Admittedly I left out the "h" but that didn't effect my spelling as much as your configuration.

The name was Thanachai.

Can anyone identify the model? Is it a Yamaha Nouvo?

I would be interested to know who told the press, "I don't think he was intoxicated," and what evidence that person had for reaching such a conclusion. Sniffing??

no, only when a farang has an accident they automatically report that he has was drunk, when a thai has an accident it is some other cause that is automatically reached.