What No Rugby Forum!

I'm looking forward to a repeat of the game at lunchtime today. Although I know the final score, it will still be an exciting game to watch, because I don't know how England could possibly manage it. I might try to get a couple of cans of Irn Bru, just in case...

SC

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must say, you do get some weird looking characters in London these days !

why only today i spotted a few groups of men or at least i think they were men, wearing skirts, make-up and all talking in a funny way. biggrin.png

good luck boys, you'll need it !

just thought i d get the fire going and stoke it up a bit. laugh.png

^ Unlucky. whistling.gif

unlucky, yes very much indeed !

don't mind Ireland playing the way they did at all, in fact i am all in favour of expansive rugby and the way they played in the first half. heck, they have an abundance of players with so much talent amongst their ranks.

what i am dead against is the negative way they came out and played in the 2nd half and it would have served them right if the Welsh had put one over on them and turned the game around and won it.

so lets see how they fare at fortress Lansdown rd against the English. wink.png

Edited by tigerfish

think the Welsh will have a shout on the handicap against the French.

got nothing to lose, may as well chuck the kitchen sink at them for the first 60 minutes and see how the frogs react. after all they are at home and the air of expectancy lays heavily on their shoulders and we all know how hot and cold they can play with a crowd that has more mood swings than............ i will stop there ! tongue.png

Edited by tigerfish

I'm at Murrayfield now, by the magic of satellite television, and you'll be pleased to know I was able to stock up on Irn Bru, and I am delighted to say that the mach has been graced with the presence of the patron of the Scottish Rugby Football Union, Her Royal Highness the Princess Royal, Princess Anne, and she's shaking hands with the Italian team "Oh - and do you work in a chippie?". Just kidding you - where's the Duke of Edinburgh when you need him?

EDIT: And now the Scottish team - "If there's any more of that pish you produced at Pittodrie you'll all be looking for new jobs by the way. My grannie could play better than that, if she wiznae deid"

"Very sorry, ma'am. God bless the memory of the late Queen Mother" mumbles Kelly Brown.

"Aye, well, son, just remember. Nae mair pish, eh?" and she shakes his hand

SC

EDIT: And we're ten minutes into the game with the scores still level , so we're 21 points ahead of where we were in 2007 at this point,...

Edited by StreetCowboy

Well, I can't fault this Irn Bru

Scotland 13 - 0 Italy, after a cracking Tim Visser try, but now Italy attacking, into the Scottish 22

And they go in for oranges with Scotland leading 13 - 3

Edited by StreetCowboy

Unbelievable that one piece of intelligent play can win a game. Both teams below par. fed up of Roberts being ur extra defence at the cost of attack. Phillips the same , Lloyd changed our ethos as soon as he came on. They need to ban that pitch as well. BBC were saying stuff like "Thw Welsh collapse another scrum" No way, the pitch was collapsing the scrum. By the way...bad tactic to attack the beast

you could say that England have just done a job over the Irish in their own back yard playing the way the home team are accustomed to winning.

conditions were not pretty, but still like i have said time and time again and have been shot down for it, the blame lays clearly in the hands of the coaching staff and higher up within the IRFU.

should listen to my heart next time !

• 2 weeks later...

after 2weeks off its back on tomorrow,italy vs wales prediction bergomaster to be sent off if he plays.

england vs france eng.have some big boys,france dont seem in love with the game,so frogs will be hopping off.

sun.scot vs ire. could be a bonny day.[no joking]

after 2weeks off its back on tomorrow,italy vs wales prediction bergomaster to be sent off if he plays.

england vs france eng.have some big boys,france dont seem in love with the game,so frogs will be hopping off.

sun.scot vs ire. could be a bonny day.[no joking]

Here's my two penneth

Wales to edge Italy---going into an early lead and holding on at the end

England to beat France------France will play better but England to beat them up front

Ireland to beat Scotland------Only just and think it will be high scoring

the bookies have the frogs with a +7 point handicap over England. big mistake me thinks ! have a feeling they are going to turn up, play with flair and have the home side flapping at half time. what the outcome of the game will be i am not sure, but i think the French are going to show us how they really can play and maybe even spoil the aspirations of a grand slam for the home side.

Wales i feel should win their encounter with the Italians as well as any side can playing away from home and looking to string a couple of results together.

as for tomorrows game between the Scots and the Irish may need a little think about that one.

Edited by tigerfish

the bookies have the frogs with a +7 point handicap over England. big mistake me thinks ! have a feeling they are going to turn up, play with flair and have the home side flapping at half time. what the outcome of the game will be i am not sure, but i think the French are going to show us how they really can play and maybe even spoil the aspirations of a grand slam for the home side.

Wales i feel should win their encounter with the Italians as well as any side can playing away from home and looking to string a couple of results together.

as for tomorrows game between the Scots and the Irish may need a little think about that one.

Politic.

I would be more surprised by a big Wales win than an Italian win, but Wales must be on lower than evens odds.

I think it'll be a big score at Twickenham, though the margin might be close. A big French win is the most unlikely outcome, I think.

I think it'll be a small margin at Murrayfield, and for once I think a low scoring game would favour the Visitors.

I'm hoping for three entertaining games, and I hope the Princess Royal will be there to do her bit to motivate our players

SC

I don't know about you chaps, but I'm sitting comfortably with a can of Irn Bru by my side...

It's about time they started showing the live coverage or we'll miss the anthems...

SC

Edit: right, now we're talking.....shush!

Edited by StreetCowboy