What No Rugby Forum!

Its hoofing it down with rain now in Embra....weather will be atrocious tomorrow.

Such levelling conditions can only favour Scotland I reckon so....three in a row too much to ask?

tongue.png

Please no, i want to see some running, not wrestling in the mud

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think the Welsh will be looking to put a marker down for the English to sit up and have something to think about. although i am sure that they already hold their Welsh counterparts in the highest regard. bad weather or not, i reckon they will win it by maybe as much as 14 points !

Edited by tigerfish

its crunch time we have to travel to edinburgh and we have to win so we can put some pressure on the boys from over the bridge who should have a stroll in the park on sunday.

irl.vs france thats goner be a bone cruncher surely france have got to win a game.

for me i think wales have a few class players so they should outscore the jocks, but that man johnston and he is not a scotwai.gif but a bloody good coach.

You're the first Welshman I'v heard praising Johnston. I'm looking forward to the game, debating whether to go over to the pub or watch it at home.

It was interesting to see Scotland playing a completely different game against Ireland than against Italy or England. It seemed to work, which suggests that someone somewhere has a lot of tactical nouse about them. At last.

SC

anyone who gets an invitation from one of the greatest coaches in rugby [graham henry] to help him deserves praise,how the ausies let him go is a mystery.i hope he gets no luck on sat and scotland send him back with the boyo's.rob howley wont complain.

taff.alias meatboy

I like this guy as a coach, and was happy when he stepped in for Ruddock, but his loyalty seems a bit suspect to me. He seems to think for himself a bit too much. this is purely my opinion and just a gut feeling. I've never figured out what happened with Rudduck, i think there was talk of an affair (hopefully not with Barney), but I'm still not sure

this scott johnson is to be feared he knows the welsh inside and out having been at the ospreys the last three yrs.before going to bonny scotland he knows the players toooooo well,i couldnt find out either what happened to mike after taking wales to the grand slam,i had personel contact with the front bench but all they would say was not happy with the wru.over his contract,mind he did do the same at worcester.just hope they lock that man johnson in the glass box as he loves to be down on the touchline.good luck boys.taff

just for the record i have a feeling Duncan Weir is going to get mauled like a dog left, right and centre ! biggrin.png

We're doing well! smile.png

your havin a laugh !

Sam Warburton take a bow. leader from the front, Lions captain in my book !

erm, just a hypothetical question for the Irish RFU.

nice stadium the Aviva and all that, but don't you think after spending all that money, you might of thought about actually laying down the foundations for a decent playing surface ?

rather than what could be construed as a cross between a Vietnamese rice paddy field and an Irish potato patch.

or at least put a f@#$%^& roof on top of the thing !

nice stadium the Aviva and all that, but don't you think after spending all that money, you might of thought about actually laying down the foundations for a decent playing surface ?

rather than what could be construed as a cross between a Vietnamese rice paddy field and an Irish potato patch.

its called a bog.

about the match up in ed.the only joy for me is the score and that man with the same name as my beloved dog [sam]

remember that fkg ref. that sent him off in the world cup if it wasnt for his minute of mental madness wales would have gone to the final.

what ever happened to him.name on toilet paper please.

come on italy forget about the pasta and ice cream stuff it up the english.

its called a bog.

about the match up in ed.the only joy for me is the score and that man with the same name as my beloved dog [sam]

remember that fkg ref. that sent him off in the world cup if it wasnt for his minute of mental madness wales would have gone to the final.

what ever happened to him.name on toilet paper please.

come on italy forget about the pasta and ice cream stuff it up the english.

this could be interesting steve walsh is the ref.for wales vs.england,i dont think the english will like that,

and hope that ref.that sent sam off is on the line[get the tomato's boys] surely he cant be irish with a name like that?

after starting the weekend with a spectaculer show hurricans vs.crusaders we had to put up with what i can only descibe as flipping awful 3games,but all was not lost when at 2am monday morn i switched on only to see.sale vs saracens played on sunday afternoon.great match.

its time for the wru.to make up with andy powell and call him up for next weeks game,man of the match and thoughly deserved.

oh nearly forgot sale won the cup.

^^ meatboy: I think it was a semi-final; I believe that the final will be against Harlequins - don't know when. presumably Sale benefitted from a few of Saracens' stars being on international duty. Good to see them making it to the final, though, and good to see a few thousand people at Barton -on - Irwell, rather than at home watching the TV.

I thought Scotland were pretty passive in the first half; they never seemed to contest any of the rucks, so whenever they kicked away possession, it was just a matter of time before Wales were back in the Scotland 22. Greg Laidlaw should've offered to take Halfpenny's penalties for him, to get to the restart quicker...

SC

^^ meatboy: I think it was a semi-final; I believe that the final will be against Harlequins - don't know when. presumably Sale benefitted from a few of Saracens' stars being on international duty. Good to see them making it to the final, though, and good to see a few thousand people at Barton -on - Irwell, rather than at home watching the TV.

I thought Scotland were pretty passive in the first half; they never seemed to contest any of the rucks, so whenever they kicked away possession, it was just a matter of time before Wales were back in the Scotland 22. Greg Laidlaw should've offered to take Halfpenny's penalties for him, to get to the restart quicker...

SC

thats good i will have to try and keep up with the finals,i did watch clemont vs castres not very exciting are these two in action next week end heiniken cup.

i hope that andrew cotter is not fit for next week end but just looking he should be in france.its a pity that eng.vs wales is second match on it would be more exciting having to wait till 2am.

i thought the match resembled a game of ping pong i nearly went to bed.

get your passports ready and £6.20 for the bridge,the sign will say cumru am byth,there will be plenty of brains s.a.and dark,caroline st.will have chips and gravy,there will be a few bare lambs down on bute st.but they wont be sweet and tender.so there is a welcome in the hillside for all the for foreigners from over the border but dont forget there will be no political asylam [so in other words p-ss off back]

YACHI DA. taffy in thailand

ps wales to win.

get your passports ready and £6.20 for the bridge,the sign will say cumru am byth,there will be plenty of brains s.a.and dark,caroline st.will have chips and gravy,there will be a few bare lambs down on bute st.but they wont be sweet and tender.so there is a welcome in the hillside for all the for foreigners from over the border but dont forget there will be no political asylam [so in other words p-ss off back]

YACHI DA. taffy in thailand

ps wales to win.

one of the many injustices of this world !

pay to get in the dame place and nothing to get out. huh.png surely it should be the other way round, shouldn't it ? biggrin.png

but no, in all honesty Cardiff on international day up against the English is special.

having gone out with a jack for many years i can tell you i miss it like crazy.

we would drive down to Swansea friday lunch time, say hello to all the family and then off down the Kingsway to cause havoc and ruffle some feathers. followed by a curry, half and half and a couple of pints of lager.

up at the crack of dawn, down the M4 and check in at the hotel in Penarth. on the rattler a long the coast and pull into the capitals train station.

and there you had it as you stepped out onto the platform, just a sea of red ! the hairs on the back of your neck would stand up on end, your heart would start pumping as the adrenalin kicked in from the excitement built up in your body at the anticipation of what was yet to come.

touts on the corner of the Angel hotel looking for business. rows and rows of people queuing from 8 in the morning to get into the many pubs, bars and clubs. the boys from all the regions breaking into verses of land of my father, sospan fach and telling the English where they could shove their chariots. all the girls out in large groups, out on the town dressed up in anything that has any kind of association to do with their homeland. red, white and green, Welsh dragons draped everywhere. rugby shirts, daffs, leaks, national costume. you name it,anything that would show the world of how proud they were of their small, but great country.

and this all revolves around the passion the people have for the sport of rugby. it really does bring the nation together in a way like no other country i think ive ever been to.

you only have to see what it means to them and what pride they take in being Welsh by the way they sing the national anthem. believe me, it really is something to be seen and witnessed.( it hits you like a sucker punch ) just look at those boys eyes and what it means to them today when they pull that shirt on and line up to represent their country.

could talk about the many talented and naturally gifted talents the land of Wales has produced and ive been lucky enough to see in my time, but where to start.

all i can say though, is that if you ever get the chance to go to one of these games, do it. you will remember it for the rest of your life.

as a famous Welsh son once said. " i was there " once. smile.png

also really miss the Sunday lunch carvery at the Buck pub, just outside of Cardiff. sad.png

Edited by tigerfish

tigerfish you have brought a tear to my eye,like you say to come to the arms park on int.day and listern to the singing when cardiff comes to a standstill,but its not all one way traffic,as soon as these home games finnish its booking up for next yr.scotland,ireland,

france and england.tonight i and mrs meat will be outside the house till midnight i have my welsh kilt and the flag with the welsh dragon on it will be arround my shoulders,my bar at home is all kitted out with brains beer mats,welsh towels,and all the souvenirs that i have collected over the yrs.the cider is in the frigde anlong with the best green curry that my wf.makes,even she wishes she was in newport tonight with all her mates at chicargo rock or wetherspoons cambrian rd.then finnish up at the indian[jewel balti].

but we will enjoy tonight i have the cd.land of my fathers,first tune world in union with bryn terfel and shirley bassey,

no 19 we'll keep a welcome and finishing with welsh mountain mix.and for the english there is swing low,russell watson,

scots,scotland the brave/flower of scotland,the blackmountain male chorus,for the irish danny boy,miriam stockley,

and any s.a.boga boga.till then its tom jones and freddie mercury win or lose its just another good night being a welshman.

so 2pm its off to bed.good luck boys.

T.I.T.TAFFY IN THAILAND

Obviously I am hoping for the Grand Slam tonight at the expense of those boys in red :)

The English Lionhearts v those little red dragons. Long live St.George laugh.png

Seriously, I'm hoping for a really good game. The closer the score the better for the atmosphere and tension.

As for scotland, I really hope you give the French a good pasting.

I remember the taffs visiting Murrayfield twenty years or more ago.

They would make the biannual trip....a week's holiday....never a spot of bother....one long saved up for and savoured....these lads were welcome wherever they went and boyo could they drink and sing!

Good luck to the Welsh today!! :)

I think its Sale v Harlequins in the LV Cup Final tomorrow, but I couldn't see it on Astro - so probably not on True either... Commentary on the BBC wireless, though.

As far as I could see, Astro have also dropped the France - Scotland game, and the BBC don't appear to be commentating that on the wireless... Any suggestions for a live stream or commentary? Mind, it's past my bed time anyway...

Anyway, I'm off out now to look for Irn Bru, just in case...

SC

^ WIZIWIG site says it will have six streaming options, though as I found with Super rugby today, had to try a few till I got the game

yep always go for Wiziwg. or you could try vip sports and first row sports.

Thanks a bloody million, lads. There goes the few minutes of possibly-productive time I had this weekend.

I'm now sat watching Romania - Georgia, with Georgian commentary...

Seriously, thanks very much!

SC

EDIT: I wonder if I can get Catalans - Widnes side by side with the Wales - England game?

^ depends on your internet capability

November there was overlaps in rugby tests, one night I had three games running

Now - I have Italy-Ireland (starts 10 min) on this channel had no luck with the first three I tried

I'll rely on Astro for the first two games, and depending on whether the Carlsberg in the freezer runs riot, I might wait until the Replay tomorrow afternoon for the Scotland game from Paris.

And a good start for Ireland in Rome... 3-0

^ neutral for that one, as I am for all 6N, thought it was a good match, lots of tension and drama with the four yellow cards - I missed O'Driscoll being sent off, mention of a kick/stamping?

Great outcome for Italy, and what fantastic crowd support

Edited by cycloneJ

^ neutral for that one, as I am for all 6N, thought it was a good match, lots of tension and drama with the four yellow cards - I missed O'Driscoll being sent off, mention of a kick/stamping?

Great outcome for Italy, and what fantastic crowd support

i think it was just frustration on his part, but stupid none the less. Italy deserved the win, but Ireland were down to the bare bones.

wonder what the future holds for D. Kidney.

and although Barnes got a lot technically right, he missed a lot of obvious calls that may have swung the game.

still wrestling with my demons on the Wales vs England game. sad.png

A good end to a good season for Italy, Ireland were well-beaten, though in other years Italy would've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Now what should be the most expansive game of the tournament, though I am swithering on whether to watch one of the Superleague games that clash. Huddersfield - Hull should be a good game, and I'll be interested to see how Widnes cope in Perpignan, though I can't see them getting a result there. Huddersfield a point clear at the top of the table even before this game... Hull in the lower half of the table.

SC

the choirs on the pitch and the Beeb are showing replays of the Wales vs England at Wembley where Scotty Gibbs ran in a wonder try to take the slam away from the English. i was there for that game and in that corner of the stadium where he scored.

still, this time around im going for England to do it.