Finestride For Hair Causing Breasts

Wrong Turn

Serious issue, here.

I started taking Finesteride (under the brand name Propecia in the USA for my hair loss in 1999. It worked. My hair loss (I am male) not only stopped, but I started growing hair back).

I've been taking finesteride ever since.

But since moving to South East Asia, I have not taken the exact 1 MG of finesteride amount, but buy Proscar brand which is a 5 MG pill of finesteride. I break up the 5 MG pill with an exacto nice into an uneven 5 pieces = about 1 MG each.

But....this mean, apparently, i've been getting more than 1 MG per day, and this (according to my American) doctor is why I have been getting "breasts." Minor, but noticeable to me.

My Dr. told me to skip the finesterid every 4th day, and that some studies now suggest that less than 1 MG of Finesteride per day can still prevent hair loss.

My question:

What can I do to get rid of these minor "breasts?"

Is it reversable?

Can I get a minor operation?

Also, I have developed very small cysts (they feel like cysts) below both of my nipples.

Thanks to anyone that can offer any info or advice.

Harifin is a lot cheaper than Propecia. A box of 3 strips of 10 (120 days of medication, when split into quarters) is about 650THB. You can always get cosmetic surgery, but another method worth trying is some weight training and diet. You'll lose some fat, and build up muscle. You'll send up with a set of defined pecs, rather than "man boobs".

Harifin is a lot cheaper than Propecia. A box of 3 strips of 10 (120 days of medication, when split into quarters) is about 650THB. You can always get cosmetic surgery, but another method worth trying is some weight training and diet. You'll lose some fat, and build up muscle. You'll send up with a set of defined pecs, rather than "man boobs".

Thanks for the Harifin advice. Yes, it will be cheaper. I suppose I'll just go to Thai pharmacies and ask? I recently had to pay 1,670 Baht for a 5 month supply of propecia! The price has gone way up.

Also, thanks for the weight training and diet recommendation tomorrow. I going to a new gym tomorrow.

Thanks, WT.

Just want to say I have been taking Finasteride 5 Mg For Prostrate Problems. I have noticed Boobs".

I must admit I do not take them as I should Every day. If I don't take them for a week or so the Boobs" do reduce.

If you are taking it Only for Hair Loss then coming of the medication for a short while should see a reduction in your man boobs" And not your hair growth.

Estrogen levels are up if man boobs, have a blood test done to check out tesoeterone, estrogen, and dht levels. Zinc and stinging nettles help to keep testosterone from converting into estrogen. There is a prescription drug that will do the same but cannot remember the name. Check out lef.org for good info on mens health Male hormone modulation therapy is a very good article at there site.

• 3 months later...

you're starting a gynecomastia, the mammary is growing this is what you fell near your nipples.

propecia is certainly modifying your hormones level, check what's been recommended upper and include prolactine test.

the only way to cure it is surgery.

I really think, stop taking this medication. OK so in a couple of years you may start to lose your hair again- so what?

Baldness is much more manly than boobs, if that's what you're worried about.

Bodybuilders use either clomid or nolvadex for it and it works on them.

I ever had to take Nolvadex for another reason. It drove me mad. I got very nervous from it. I felt aggressive, like I wanted to kill everyone that was in my way. I had to stop taking it.

Be careful with products that change your hormone levels. I would never take any of these products again unless really necessary. If I had to choose between loosing my hair and taking Nolvadex again, or between getting boobs and taking Novaldex I would definitely choose for loosing my hair or for getting boobs.

It is the worst medicine I ever took... a very bad experience.

Edited by kriswillems

you're starting a gynecomastia, the mammary is growing this is what you fell near your nipples.

propecia is certainly modifying your hormones level, check what's been recommended upper and include prolactine test.

the only way to cure it is surgery.

Thank you.

Sh*t.

I think by surgery you mean a "reduction." Of the boobs, and also removing the cysts.

Thanks. I'll ask doctors when I go to the US in 8 weeks.

Sh*t.

Or, I could do nothing. But I'm going to continue this medication (yes, I prefer to keep the hair, eve if it means man boobs).

Thanks. Will keep you posted.

Just want to say I have been taking Finasteride 5 Mg For Prostrate Problems. I have noticed Boobs".

I must admit I do not take them as I should Every day. If I don't take them for a week or so the Boobs" do reduce.

If you are taking it Only for Hair Loss then coming of the medication for a short while should see a reduction in your man boobs" And not your hair growth.

Thanks for the info keenkate,

My last doctor told me to miss a pill every 4 days because of the "boob" issue.

I've been doing it, but it has not seemed to be working.

Once the cysts grow hard, you will need surgery to remove them.

If they haven't fully formed yet, you can use Arimidex (in small amounts) to lower your estrogen levels.

And I mean SMALL amounts, 1/4 tab every 2 or 3 days will drop e2 levels a lot.

actually it's not cyst, it's the mammary gland growing, like for a girl going to give milk to the baby, stupidely, the male gland is receptive to female hormone.

the surgery consists of totally removing the gland.

Once the cysts grow hard, you will need surgery to remove them.

If they haven't fully formed yet, you can use Arimidex (in small amounts) to lower your estrogen levels.

I think they are both "hard." Depending on what the definition, is.

The one that formed first on the right was never painful.

But the newer one on the left, is painful. It actually hurts.

And I mean SMALL amounts, 1/4 tab every 2 or 3 days will drop e2 levels a lot.

Thanks, I'll consult a doctor but I think it's been to long now for that option.

actually it's not cyst, it's the mammary gland growing, like for a girl going to give milk to the baby, stupidely, the male gland is receptive to female hormone.

the surgery consists of totally removing the gland.

This "gland" is not very big. It's about the size (I think) of a medium sized marble.

Do see a doctor. It is not well known, but men can get breast cancer.

Odds are it is just enlarged mammary tissue due to the med, but best to be certain.

Thanks again, Sheryl.

I'll find out the test results in 8 weeks, and report here. I have to wait that long because that's when I go back to visit the US.